[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Hello all:

Have a weird bug that I'm wondering if it's known. When I'm on an EVA, I can left-click to drop a part, which is known. However, when I hold G or X or H and try and click, the click doesn't register. Which means I can't attach stuff, or grab stuff that starts to float away.

The only mods I have installed are KIS, KAS and MechJeb. Running 1.0.5. Has anyone seen this before? Is there other info one would need to help troubleshoot?

Thanks

Matt

2 hours ago, goalie30 said:

Hello all:

Have a weird bug that I'm wondering if it's known. When I'm on an EVA, I can left-click to drop a part, which is known. However, when I hold G or X or H and try and click, the click doesn't register. Which means I can't attach stuff, or grab stuff that starts to float away.

The only mods I have installed are KIS, KAS and MechJeb. Running 1.0.5. Has anyone seen this before? Is there other info one would need to help troubleshoot?

Thanks

Matt

I have seen this problem several times when using a laptop with the built in touch pad. 

On 20.01.2016 at 8:28 PM, PTNLemay said:

How exactly do I put small parts (like struts or science instruments) into the containers?  The tools and other such things fit just fine, but I can't seem to fit any of the stock small-parts.  I know it can be done because I've seen people do it in YouTube vids, but... I don't know what I'm not doing right to make it work.

What part exactly are you trying to put into which container? In your screenshort at least science lab is near to the limit which means some part won't fit. Even if you believe they are "small".

4 hours ago, goalie30 said:

When I'm on an EVA, I can left-click to drop a part, which is known. However, when I hold G or X or H and try and click, the click doesn't register. Which means I can't attach stuff, or grab stuff that starts to float away.

It sounds confusing. What do you mean by "click doesn't register"? If the part is dropped right after the click then the click "does register". If it isn't dropped then it stays grabbed and cannot flow away.

You cannot attach or detach a regular part without the right equipped tool. That's by design. But you can grab/drop anything without a tool.

7 hours ago, IgorZ said:

It sounds confusing. What do you mean by "click doesn't register"? If the part is dropped right after the click then the click "does register". If it isn't dropped then it stays grabbed and cannot flow away.

You cannot attach or detach a regular part without the right equipped tool. That's by design. But you can grab/drop anything without a tool.

10 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

I have seen this problem several times when using a laptop with the built in touch pad. 

IogrZ: Sorry for the confusion. Clicking without any keyboard keys held works. Clicking with any keys held doesn't work...it's like the game doesn't see the click.

ExplorerKlatt:  As it turns out, I do have a laptop. I'll hook an external mouse into it soon and see if that works.

Thanks all

Matt

Hi, I'm a new player who recently started .90 on pc while waiting for the retail PS4 release. Having loads of fun with this game and recently discovered some of these mods.

Sorry if this has been answered in the thread but with this mod being so popular it seems, there are quite a few pages/replies. I'm just wondering if this mod will work with the version .90.0.705 that I'm using and will it have any adverse effect on my current save file or career progress? It looks really interesting and I would like to give it a try. Thank you very much for any replies :) 

1 hour ago, Elway358 said:

Hi, I'm a new player who recently started .90 on pc while waiting for the retail PS4 release. Having loads of fun with this game and recently discovered some of these mods.

Sorry if this has been answered in the thread but with this mod being so popular it seems, there are quite a few pages/replies. I'm just wondering if this mod will work with the version .90.0.705 that I'm using and will it have any adverse effect on my current save file or career progress? It looks really interesting and I would like to give it a try. Thank you very much for any replies :) 

The current version will not work with KSP v0.90. You can go to the KIS curse page click files, and the previous releases will be there. The latest .90 version is KIS V1.0.2

21 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

The current version will not work with KSP v0.90. You can go to the KIS curse page click files, and the previous releases will be there. The latest .90 version is KIS V1.0.2

Thanks so much for the reply and information! Am I in fact safe to install that version being that I'm currently progressing in a career mode or would I need to start a fresh one to use this? Sorry for so many questions but it's been quite a while since I messed with any pc gaming and just wanna make sure before I go ahead with it. Thanks again for the help :) 

1 hour ago, Elway358 said:

Thanks so much for the reply and information! Am I in fact safe to install that version being that I'm currently progressing in a career mode or would I need to start a fresh one to use this? Sorry for so many questions but it's been quite a while since I messed with any pc gaming and just wanna make sure before I go ahead with it. Thanks again for the help :) 

It will work just fine on an in-progress save. No need to start a new one. 

13 hours ago, IgorZ said:

What part exactly are you trying to put into which container? In your screenshort at least science lab is near to the limit which means some part won't fit. Even if you believe they are "small".

I'm trying to put the accelerometer into the SC-62 container.  That one says it has 1000 L of free space, shouldn't that be enough?   The only parts I seem to be able to fit is the tools like the wrench/screwdriver/hammer.  The stock parts like girders or science instruments won't go into the containers.

7 hours ago, goalie30 said:

IogrZ: Sorry for the confusion. Clicking without any keyboard keys held works. Clicking with any keys held doesn't work...it's like the game doesn't see the click.

ExplorerKlatt:  As it turns out, I do have a laptop. I'll hook an external mouse into it soon and see if that works.

Thanks all

Matt

Update...plugging in an external mouse did fix the issue. Any ideas on whether this would be something to report to the authors?

Thanks

Matt

24 minutes ago, goalie30 said:

Update...plugging in an external mouse did fix the issue. Any ideas on whether this would be something to report to the authors?

Thanks

Matt

It's an issue native to laptops. I have seen it with other games and programs. 

What a miracle! I can upgrade my solar panels of my station! Awesome! But I find it quite tricky, hard to keep steady when installing part. So maybe there could be a magnetic shoes and security cable for eva? And is there any way I can attach parts like at VAB(with mirror and position alignment). I know nothing about coding, but I have some ideas. If there is a grid shown for surface attached parts, I can make them symmetrical like VAB. As eva just able to put one by one, when trying to attach one more of a kind(like solar panel), I hope the others could be high-lighted, and auto align to possible symmetrical position when I move near.

7 hours ago, goalie30 said:

The addon uses usual Unity input mechanism to get mouse and keyboard events so, if it doesn't work on your hardware then the problem is in the Unity engine. When/if KSP is migrated to the newest engine version the issue may have fixed. There is nothing that can be done in the addon to fix the problem.

Hi all!  I just installed this mod, and I seem to be unable to see the large inline ILC-18k container in the part list under the Utilities tab.  I can see and use the smaller inline container ISC-6K and the side mounting container just fine, but the ILC-18k does not show up in the parts list anywhere.  Has this part been removed from the mod?  The only reference I saw to this in the most recent update was "[Fix] Removed old ILC-18k container .mbm textures", but that doesn't sound like it has been removed entirely, just fixed.  

Has anyone else run into this issue with this part not appearing in their parts list?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Also, I'm playing on a Mac, not sure if that has something to do with it?

Love the mod otherwise though!  Thanks again!

1 hour ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Are you sure you unlocked it. It is in a different node than the others. 

The ILC-18K is in large volume containment. 

Ahhhhh, thank you.  I didn't realize the mod integrated into the tech tree.  I'll confirm later tonight, but I'm sure you are probably right.  Thanks very much for the help, much appreciated!

So, sorry if this is covered. I looked through about 15 of the 70 pages before I decided to just ask again. I love KIS, I use it all the time. However, suddenly the Inventory button doesn't appear on my Kerbals in EVA, and if I click on the Inventory button on a container the menu just flashes for a second without remaining open. I haven't installed any new mods. I've taken as many mods out as I can before I start having part loading issues.

Any idea what may be the culprit? (I have a full base packed up and landed, no way to unpack it. :)

5 hours ago, catcha said:

So, sorry if this is covered. I looked through about 15 of the 70 pages before I decided to just ask again. I love KIS, I use it all the time. However, suddenly the Inventory button doesn't appear on my Kerbals in EVA, and if I click on the Inventory button on a container the menu just flashes for a second without remaining open. I haven't installed any new mods. I've taken as many mods out as I can before I start having part loading issues.

Any idea what may be the culprit? (I have a full base packed up and landed, no way to unpack it. :)

Screenshot of GameData folder and KIS folder

1 hour ago, lodestar said:

Is there any way to override part volume with an MM patch? When I store inflatable/deployable parts, KIS considers their inflated/deployed volume.

Yes. Read the github wiki for all the options. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:43 AM, ExplorerKlatt said:

Screenshot of GameData folder and KIS folder

Klatt, Oddly, KIS behaved this way for around 3 days, then went back to normal and works fine (without me changing anything). If I do have this issue again I'll post the information you suggested. Thanks!

i'm trying to use KIS to replace some incorrect ports on a space station. i have the replacement ports in a container on my space shuttle, but they're too big to fit in a kerbal's inventory. i was hoping there was some way for the kerbal to simply heft the item onto his back and jetpack across to the station (the ports are under 1ton in weight, which is the limit for carrying items on the ground), but i'm not having much luck. if i drop the object in space and try to grab it, it simply becomes attachable to nearby objects, but not to me, so i can't ferry it across to its destination.

is there something i'm doing wrong or is this simply not possible with KIS?