Time warp = unwanted acceleration

So I have this issue, and I have never experiencet it before. When I time warp, the vessel starts to accelerate, and thats even if I don't have engines on it, like my station. I went back to earlier saved games, and it does the same. Anybody have an idea to why this is ? And what to do ?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh never mind, just copied saves and mods to a fresh install :)

So I will try over :)

My problem is as follow : When I begin to time warp, or twice when I switch between 2 nearby vessels, my acceleration goes up, even if I do not have engines on the vessel.

Going to space center gives me the message : Can't go to space center while under acceleration. So the game thinks I accelerate.

It's the center of the orbit that changes, and it does not stop. Sometimes reversing my orbit.

Copying mods and saves over to a fresh install helps, but only at the beginning.

This is a Outlog for when it happend, right after it began changing the orbit I pressed ALT+F4

I would be gratful if someone would take a look :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cki0pbhtw1wggr/output_log.rar?dl=0

Modlist as they appear in the folder:

Toolbar

USITools

ATM

BoulderCo

CactEye

CIT

Community Resource Pack

Connected Living Space

Contracs Window

DeadlyReentry

Diazo

Distant Object

D Magic Orbital Science

EVE

Firespitter

FMRS

Freedom Tex

Free EVA

Habitat Pack

JSI

KAS

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kittopia Space

KSP-AVC

KSPRC

KWRocketry

Magic Smoke Industries

MechJeb 2

Mission Controller EC

Module RCSFX

MP _ Nazari

Navy Fish

NEAR

Near Future (not propulsion)

Planet Shine

Procedural Fairings + Parts

RealChute

Regolith

Remote Tech

SCANsat

Ship Manifest

Smoke Screen

Station Science

Stretchy SN Textures

Tarsier Space Tech

Texture Replacer

Thunder Aerospace

Toadicus Tools

Trigger Tech

Tweakable Everything

Tweak Scale

Umbra Space Industries ( everyone)

Universal Storage

Verne Tech

Crash is common, but this problem began yesterday.

Edited by Nicklas

• 2 months later...

I've got the same problem.I deleted all my mods in order to check if that was causing the problems but the bug remained.

Also, are you able to rotate your station when this bug occurs? My vessels just freeze up (with enough battery power in stock ).

Do you use a claw on your station? This part i known to be ables to summon the glorious deep space kraken.

A way to fix the acceleration temporarily is to go to back to the ksp Base en reselected your vessel. A restart also helps. However, when you have to restart every 5 minutes (which happens in my case)..it's not a valid solution anymore.

• 2 months later...

... hope this is not considered necro-posting ...

My vessels started to accelerate when time warping. Stopping time warping did not stop the acceleration. Haven't checked if all vessels where affected. This is a rather advanced game with missions to moho, eve, duna, dres, jool and sarnus, stations and Asteroids in Kerbin orbit and probes all over the place.

Linux, KSP 1.0.4, mods: KER, KIS, KAS, OPM, Camera Tools, Color Coded Canisters, KerbalJointReenforcements, KWRocketry, Near Future Solar, OPM, PlanetShine, PreciseNode, RealPlume, SCANsat, StationPartsExpansion, WaypointManager, Kerbal Alarm Clock and TransferWindowPlanner.

What i was doing: i was deorbting a small tug that was connected to an asteroid with a large tug before. When i a had an intersection with the ground i killed the thrust with x, switched to another vessel, perfomed a manoeuver, then switched to orbit view to view the outcome. I typed three points for time warping and ... wondered.

Exiting to Desktop and starting again solved the problem.

k

Edited by kemde
typos

The grabbing claw (as well as any mod parts that do the same thing as the claw) is the source of a lot of bugs, even in a 100% stock install. I've had this happen to me a lot of times, and so have many others, and it's because there's something wrong with the claw.

Forum user Claw has made a stock bugfix for it that you can use until Squad addresses the issue themselves: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-KSP-v1-0-4-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules-%28Release-v1-0-4b-2-1-Aug-15%29

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.