Post your avatars!

http://imgur.com/pDGgCHR.png

Decided to try to make mine. So far it is coming along well, though I still have to add the structure (shouldn't be too hard) and the NAFA-18 Caracal (which I probably won't do).)

I just made mine in gimp and I also changed my signature too.

http://i.imgur.com/lkLyQyW.png

Those both look very nice!

FLR8pal.png

Plot twist: that rocket isn't exploding! What you're seeing is a really, really, really bad attempt at creating a dramatic lens flare of the sun in front of a spacecraft sitting on top of the launchpad. :D I would update my avatar, but it's grown on me too much!

My avatar is related to my screen name; Rematog. The pic is from the original "Atog" card in Magic the Gathering.... from around '93. I had custom license plate ATOG on my RX-7 in the 90's when I lived in Vegas.

Mine comes from a coyote themed wallpaper I did a long while ago in Inkscape (my signature will probably let you deduce that I'm a big fan of a certain canidae cartoon character :D).

It's just a coyote bitmap that I traced into a vector using Inkscape, a moon crescent and some gradient, but I liked it as a simple, smooth wallpaper and kept using the coyote sans the shadow as my avatar.

BmhuyYQ.jpg

Edited by el_coyoto

• 2 months later...

Since the old thread by Mad Rocket Scientist got.. well.. old. I'd figured I'd start a new thread.

We often never get to be able to see others' avatars in full scale and a story behind how it was made, so whether it's hand-drawn, a typical picture or a photograph of yourself, showcase it here! :)

I just updated mine today - It's the Space Shuttle Endeavour mounted on the B747-100 Shuttle Carrier Aircraft. I took a base image, traced it with Autodesk Sketchbook, and shaded it similarly to look more "animated."

Here it is - I'm rather proud of it:

YJclWOA.jpg

What about you guys?

Edited by Columbia

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.