[WIP][1.0.2] Black Sky suborbital rocketplane V0.30

AndyMt

History:

0.20:

- changes for KSP 1.0.2.

- Split wing into flat wing and winglets.

- Drogue chute for braking

- Parachute and separator for passenger cabin + command.

The adaptations to the new aero model are significant. I had to split the wings into the actual wing and the winglets. Now all of a sudden the Blacksky is much more stable in flight :). So the winglets finally do their job!

Also the tendency to flip over if you pull up too hard is almost gone. Actually I consider this the expected behavior now.

I also added a drogue chute to slow the plane down after landing. And you can rescue your Kerbals by separating the passenger cabin + cockpit and land them with a parachute (stock parts still).

Have fun :)!

Very nice to hear and did you think any more or did, I miss it on adding a cargobay ?
I still want to do that. But first I had to make it work with KSP 1.0 again - which wasn't easy actually.

And a cargo bay requires animations - which I haven't done before. But I want to get into that - I need it for the landing gear anyway. So it might take a while.

Ok, new version 0.30:

- Added a cargo bay part

- cargo version craft in SPH, including demo payload

I actually managed to send the payload into a circular orbit when the Blacksky reached apogee at around 110km. Just in time to take control of the rocketplane before it entered the atmosphere again and landed safe...

Use actiongroup 2 to toggle cargo bay doors and actiongroup 0 to uncouple the payload and activate it's engine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.