1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Can you add mouse tracking? would be useful for turrets and robotic arms. There could be a part, that would indicate where the system should face.

That is a bit out of the scope of this mod, but we've given the API, so anyone can try and write such a mod.

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking on the old Wolfpack Aeronautics thread and they say that they've passed everything on to you guys but I can't find the cargo bay in the download here. Does anyone know where I could find a 2.5m cargo bay? Thanks!

Sorry, but this comes as a surprise. are you sure you are i the righ thread?

The way I understand it is that, each craft is represented as a tree of parts, branching out from the root. When you dock to another vessel KSP has to make a single new tree that covers both of the crafts. This often results in the attachment direction of parts getting reversed and IR really doesn't like that. This means that if you try to do a robot arm with a docking port on the end of it, chances are you'll get this issue as soon as you dock.

Now if you have docking ports on your craft that don't have robotics parts between them and the root, chances are you'll be able to dock and undock and have things work just fine.

Are they working on a fix for this? It seems like a pretty major limitation, I don't remember docking ports being a problem a couple of versions ago.

Actually someone already has :)

Looks more like those Big Dog robots than the cheetahbot.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they working on a fix for this? It seems like a pretty major limitation, I don't remember docking ports being a problem a couple of versions ago.

It's just having IR parts between the docking port and your ship that it has an issue with. I believe.

Sorry, but this comes as a surprise. are you sure you are i the righ thread?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47701-0-23-5-Wolf-Pack-Aeronautics-V1-3-Parts-Pack-%28Updated-June-23-2014%29

First off Wolf Pack Aeronautics is officially being merged into Magic Smoke Industries which you can find here

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...botics-0-16-2?

Granted, that link is broken due to a typing error on his part, but it seem like it should go to the old MSI Infernal Robotics thread which then redirects to this one from its last page as it's closed. It is a convoluted path so I may be wrong.

Actually IR and docking ports work fine when you allow 2-3 seconds of float time in between undocking / docking.

Hmm. Well ok here's my problem:

Have a hinge->docking port1->cargo-> docking port2. Docked cargo using docking port2, then decoupled docking port 1, leaving cargo attached to station. Now the hinge won't hinge any more, it just sort of "stretches" linearly a little. Reloading, restarting, no help. Don't see anything in the debug log. Is this the "issue" I see vaguely warned about?

Hmm. Well ok here's my problem:

Have a hinge->docking port1->cargo-> docking port2. Docked cargo using docking port2, then decoupled docking port 1, leaving cargo attached to station. Now the hinge won't hinge any more, it just sort of "stretches" linearly a little. Reloading, restarting, no help. Don't see anything in the debug log. Is this the "issue" I see vaguely warned about?

Right, that's what I meant by "float time" the cargo needs time to transition from one port to the other. if you dock both of them together and then undock either one it makes IR loose its biscuits. Watch my video, you get the arm close enough for the magnet to engage but not close enough to dock. undock cargo from station and float the cargo to the arm. same with arm to station. just float the cargo and allow 2-3 seconds.

Granted, that link is broken due to a typing error on his part, but it seem like it should go to the old MSI Infernal Robotics thread which then redirects to this one from its last page as it's closed. It is a convoluted path so I may be wrong.

Only Sirkut would know about this as its before the time of all the current devs on the team. What I can say though is there's certainly no current or future plans to add the parts from that mod to IR.

The disclaimer about docking ports and IR has been around since KSP updated all of the joint code (I forget which update). Since then this problem has existed, and there's no obvious solution to it.

I'm having issues with mirror symmetry with some IR parts - the hinges, for example, just won't properly mirro, but always attach like in radial symmetry mode, aka one is the wrong way around.

Maybe because this mod deals with robotics parts, and the majority of the ones in that pack aren't robotic?

The question was about mouse tracking as far as I remember. But I am not ready to answer it anyway

I've Had a problem with infernal robotics spawning an increasing number of toolbar icons every time I enter the VAB, is this a known bug?

I can't see any problem in my log and am wondering if perhaps the version I installed with ckan was out of date or broken. I'll update this with screen shots and more information when I can get my PC working again.(broken charger).

I've Had a problem with infernal robotics spawning an increasing number of toolbar icons every time I enter the VAB, is this a known bug?

I can't see any problem in my log and am wondering if perhaps the version I installed with ckan was out of date or broken. I'll update this with screen shots and more information when I can get my PC working again.(broken charger).

It was supposed to be solved quite some time ago, please check that you have a latest version (0.21.2).

Well I have last version and I have double icon not multiple icons , one is working the other one just overlap another mod icon , icons of both mods are still working is just an annoying graphic glitch...nothing in the log for me also.

Edited by brusura

To start with, I love the new setup. So much easier to use. One thing, however, is driving me absolutely batty. Can you please make it so we can order the preset positions ourselves. They're ordering themselves according to some rule I can't figure out, and it makes it nearly impossible to be able to just tell a group to move to the next preset, as some of them seem to be "next preset" and some of them seem to be "previous preset". Is anyone else running into this, or am I missing something?

To start with, I love the new setup. So much easier to use. One thing, however, is driving me absolutely batty. Can you please make it so we can order the preset positions ourselves. They're ordering themselves according to some rule I can't figure out, and it makes it nearly impossible to be able to just tell a group to move to the next preset, as some of them seem to be "next preset" and some of them seem to be "previous preset". Is anyone else running into this, or am I missing something?

Perhaps what you mean is invert a given part so everything in your action group moves forward or backward to a given preset? This is how I made an arm that would park directly above an attachment. every part would revers to a set position and stop at presets along the way and the whole arm would end up exactly where it needs to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I have last version and I have double icon not multiple icons , one is working the other one just overlap another mod icon , icons of both mods are still working is just an annoying graphic glitch...nothing in the log for me also.

Oh the other icon is the sequencer. It comes with IR now right?

Oh the other icon is the sequencer. It comes with IR now right?

I've been seeing the same thing with the IR model rework pre-release B and yeah it's the IR sequencer icon.

Heres a screenshot to show what I mean, I have the main IR button in blizzys toolbar which is in autohide at edge mode.

screenshot30_zpsrmebbeuq.png

Sometimes it'll appear offset to the left and sometimes that overlap doesn't appear at all.

Presets are sorted automatically from lowest to highest and this will not change anytime soon. If you need more control over your robotic parts please check IR Sequencer (link in my signature) or employ other methods (like KOS).

- - - Updated - - -

I don't play much KSP as of late, but in all my tests I could not reproduce the error. I've had some logs sent to me on this issue, but they were full of exceptions from other mods which makes them really hard to analyze.

I have one ultimate solution in mind, but it is a lot of code rewrite and I'd rather avoid doing it unless really necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been seeing the same thing with the IR model rework pre-release B and yeah it's the IR sequencer icon.

Heres a screenshot to show what I mean, I have the main IR button in blizzys toolbar which is in autohide at edge mode.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot30_zpsrmebbeuq.png

Sometimes it'll appear offset to the left and sometimes that overlap doesn't appear at all.

It's a Sequencer icon that is buggy on your screenshot. I'll look into it.

Presets are sorted automatically from lowest to highest and this will not change anytime soon. If you need more control over your robotic parts please check IR Sequencer (link in my signature) or employ other methods (like KOS).

- - - Updated - - -

I don't play much KSP as of late, but in all my tests I could not reproduce the error. I've had some logs sent to me on this issue, but they were full of exceptions from other mods which makes them really hard to analyze.

I have one ultimate solution in mind, but it is a lot of code rewrite and I'd rather avoid doing it unless really necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a Sequencer icon that is buggy on your screenshot. I'll look into it.

I think that's the icon brusura is talking about, only difference is that I'm using a more recent version.

As for the error, I think I've reproduced it in near pure stock (only a few other stuff) and pure stock as well. I'm trying to test something else (a memory leak from somewhere that doesn't seem to happen in pure stock) atm though, otherwise I could take a quick look at that.

I think that's the icon brusura is talking about, only difference is that I'm using a more recent version.

As for the error, I think I've reproduced it in near pure stock (only a few other stuff) and pure stock as well. I'm trying to test something else (a memory leak from somewhere that doesn't seem to happen in pure stock) atm though, otherwise I could take a quick look at that.

I have:

Magic_Smoke_Industries_Infernal_Robotics-0.21.2

Infernal_Robotics_Model_Rework_-_Core_Pack-v01b

Infernal_Robotics_Model_Rework_-_Expansion_Pack-v01b

and those screenshoot show the issue, in this case the icon jsut overlap the fpslimiter mod, notice that as I launch the game there is no icon in the top right corner then as I launch the craft the bug is present and the icon will stay even in the space center and the main menu ( a white blank icon ):

c0MLJAE.png

RB7cwhn.png

eM7v8Hc.png

Edited by brusura

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.