Harv's 'Long Overdue' Feature?

Akinesis

If a recent image posted by the devs is any indicator, it's probably proper occlusion effects from eclipses.

That just looks like night to me, you can see Duna is fully lit so you should be stood on the night side of Ike to see it that way. If Duna was casting a shadow it would be dark.

E :

I hope it is the magic boulder...

Edited by John FX

That just looks like night to me, you can see Duna is fully lit so you should be stood on the night side of Ike to see it that way. If Duna was casting a shadow it would be dark.

That's the Mun, not Duna.

I can see how one might think it's Duna, until one realizes that it'd be too far away to be that big.

Also, the green ground should have tipped you off that it's Kerbin.

E :

I hope it is the magic boulder...

That isn't Duna... If you look at the texturing, that Kerbal is pretty clearly on Kerbin (I'd know that grass anywhere). And the surface of that object is pretty obviously the Mun, orange coloration aside. It looks exactly what a lunar eclipse looks like (ie. when a moon is in the shadow of its parent body).

I don't think it is a launch button. What would that help with? I mean, do people even miss that button in the game?

Countdown? I launch 10 test flights before the real mission. That would be annoying.

I don't think it is a launch button. What would that help with? I mean, do people even miss that button in the game?

Countdown? I launch 10 test flights before the real mission. That would be annoying.

Lot doesn't have to be a long countdown, 10 seconds maybe? Long enough to maybe not be annoying but also long enough to abort when you realize you forgot something.

some ship save confirmation:

this ship is not saved, do you want to start a new one?

are you sure you want to overwrite the previous save?

there is another ship with this name, do you want to overwrite?

and a few more...

A countdown doesn't have to be annoying... Just launch before it reaches zero and listen to mission control panic. :sticktongue:

Haven't heard any mention of it, but more kerbal chatter throughout the game would be welcome.

KSP now uses the roadway between the VAB and the launchpad.

A crawler will bring your creation to the launchpad.

I always wondered why they modeled the area but never used it.

When I was a beginner (before I worried about all the little missing details) this was for me the biggest thing missing.