List of things needed in a hotfix

r4pt0r

Can anyone verify fixes for these in the 1.0.1 patch that just dropped? I am at work and cannot test them myself, but I'm dying to know!

Patch Notes: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content/337-KSP-1-0-1-Is-Up

Fairings now add mass to their base, and that mass now goes away upon separation. Heat shields have their physics flags set properly. Chutes now burn up.

But do the chutes still pull 20 G's?

technically they still can, but it causes the chute to burn up.

Activating the chute after all the re-entry effects are gone doesn't pull as many gees, and now there is a reason to do so.

The VAB and SPH get locked up when I use the MK3 cockpit. I appologize if this was already listed. Also not sure if this problem is unique to my install. If someone could verify, that would be great!

Well friends, now 1.0.1, and 1.0.2 are out, after only whetting my appitite before I think I will finally commit to getting deep into KSP again. hope this thread helped the team.

The TT18-A Launch Stability Enhancers left on the launch pad when a craft takes off are, when I return to KSC overview after mission, indicated on the launch pad as "debris" which I need to individually click and choose "recover".

I don't think Jets are necessarily overpowered. If you attach an engine, which conceivably should be able to lift a large 747-like SSTO, to nothing but a fuel tank and single seat cockbit with landing gear, what happens is about what I expect to happen. This is just weighing in. I have done zero math on this to find the real world comparison. Also, IIRC, the only reason why fighter style aircraft can fly is because they are micromanaged by computers. If the developers are trying to find a stabile aerodynamic model to support such crafts, it is entirely possible it may not even exist.

Since KSP is going mainstream, I find it odd that a player who chose easy difficulty in career mode and has chosen stock rockets/aircraft to be available, will be unable to find any crafts that are only based on early techs. What is the point of having that option if it does not help the player over the starting hump or at least use as templates/starting points?

When going through the tutorial, the first time I did "go to mun 1" (sp?), the craft did not load and my camera started with the sun in the center. More people have reported this. I went straight from install to the tutorials, FYI.

The second try, it loaded fine.

There is something weird going on with whatever flags an item as "stowed away". I had two lateral chutes on my Mk1 command pod. They were placed using the symmetry function in VAB, but only one deployed. When trying to deploy the last one manually, it said that it could not deploy "while stowed".