ISRU Convertor stuck at 100%

My ISRU convertor is stuck at 100% overheat, so I looked using the debug menu and it's temperature is 434. Is this too high for it to operate? It would be nice if the overheat figure went over 100% so I had some idea as to how long it's going to take to cool down.

Also, does anyone else find it a bit strange that it's possible to overheat the convertor so badly that it's going to take literally months of game time for it to cool down?

lYVLxRK.png

EDIT: Apparently this is another known bug. For now have a look in your save file for the following:

HeatThrottle = 1.261169E-44

And change it to 0.5

Edited by Sonny_Jim

ISRU convertors are bugged at the moment.

When the get hot, they stop producing any resources... fine... but they continue to produce heat.

Turn one on, and you get a little resource conversion, then it simply becomes a heater.... time warp as long as you want, it stays at 100% and produces no resources.

The only way to use them, is to baby sit them and turn them off and on repeatedly.... for hours....

Heat production should be inversely proportional to resource production. When it reaches 100%, it should stop producing resources AND HEAT...

If this change is made, it should stabilize at a certain temperature, and give you a steady conversion of resources... as it should.

Errr, I meant that heat production and resource protdiction should be proportional, and those should be inversely proportional to the overheat status.

At 100% overheat, the thing doesn't make any heat or fuel, and will cool down.

At 0% overheat, the thing generates heat and resouces at 100%, and will heat up.

Thus depending on heat flow and such, it should stabilize at a certain temperature and output... so you could build in radiators and such to increase output.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.