RCS in docking mode

Hello!

I docked two crafts in stage mode using HNIJKL keys for RCS control. Everything was OK.

Then I read wiki. http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Docking

It says:

Right click the docking port on your ship and hit "control from here". Now activate docking mode. What is happening now is that docking port will be seen as the "center" of your ship. Activate RCS (the default key isR) and the controls will be very similar to the EVA controls. WS will be used to move forward and backwards, AD will be used to move left and right, ⇧ Shift and ^ Ctrl will be used to move up and down.

But the game doesn't work this way!

W and S still pitch, A and D still yaw even though i'm in docking mode.

Shift and Control still control main engine in docking mode.

Space hotkey doesn't affect anything.

Is it a bug or am i missing something?

KSP version: 1.0.0.830 Steam version

Some screenshots:

Hitting W (It should move we forward, shouldn't it?)

qIfMhKB.jpg

Hitting A (Shouldn't this move ME left, but not turn left?)

i6h5DKW.jpg

Hitting shift (still control main engine)

WVVjYKz.jpg

Edited by Shunt

The wiki was written a while ago - there were very major differences in how this stuff works between the last version and this one,and the wiki hasn't been updated yet.

You've written it up pretty well! Would you consider updating the wiki to reflect how things work in 1.0? :)

Edited by stibbons

Can you guys try deleting your current settings.cfg files please, also when changing key modes in the settings screen, actually rebind the key as well at the same time, it seems it won't "take" unless you rebind (using the same key as before is fine)

Not sure if this is Windows only but for me on Linux at least I'm not getting this issue, and docking mode is operating normally.

Can you guys try deleting your current settings.cfg files please, also when changing key modes in the settings screen, actually rebind the key as well at the same time, it seems it won't "take" unless you rebind (using the same key as before is fine)

Deleting settings.cfg worked for me.

Yep, worked for me too. Thanks for helping!

The default for translate up/down and forward/backward seems to have swapped

True. Wiki is wrong here.

By default:

Shift/Control - move forward/backwards

W/S - move down/up

A/D - move left/right

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.