KEMA Drag Week - ROUND CLOSES 28TH MAY

Ok, good point. That would make no sense, as the parachutes hopefully slow it down to zero ;) .

The OP didn't even mention that you had to stop before the end of the runway.

Ok, that made me think enough to stop work on my heavy entry.

Here's the Lorry #19, waiting for your download. It follows my interpretation that a craft has to come to a full stop at the end of the runway.

- At 15,445 kgs it's heavy.

- Four wheels

- Two Winglets

- Single Parachute

Command instructions:

- stage boosters (S1) until fuel runs out

- stage parachute (S0)

- when at less than 5m/s, apply brakes for a full stop

Ok, that made me think enough to stop work on my heavy entry.

Here's the Lorry #19, waiting for your download. It follows my interpretation that a craft has to come to a full stop at the end of the runway.

- At 15,445 kgs it's heavy.

- Four wheels

- Two Winglets

- Single Parachute

Command instructions:

- stage boosters (S1) until fuel runs out

- stage parachute (S0)

- when at less than 5m/s, apply brakes for a full stop

Only problem is that the OP has said he doesn't apply brakes.

The OP didn't even mention that you had to stop before the end of the runway.

Implied, because it states that it cannot under any circumstances leave the runway. So you can balance it... More engines, more thrust for a longer burn. More parachutes to stop, and thus hope that your extra speed is enough to negate the detrimental points of extra parachutes...

Implied, because it states that it cannot under any circumstances leave the runway. So you can balance it... More engines, more thrust for a longer burn. More parachutes to stop, and thus hope that your extra speed is enough to negate the detrimental points of extra parachutes...

So where do I stop where is the end of the run? Can I just accelerate and then stop half way down the runway?

Can I just say that from my experience serassa only seems to post to cause contention on challenges. They posted 6 out of their first 9 posts in my challenge thread only to submit cheaty entries and nitpick about the quality of the challenge. If you look at their post history you will see a pattern...

They are doing the same in the kerbals to orbit thread, they did it in my sundive thread, in the circumnavigation thread, in the historical planes thread and also here.

They seem to want only to disrupt and annoy. I would not pay too much attention to things they say.

Can I just say that from my experience serassa only seems to post to cause contention on challenges. They posted 6 out of their first 9 posts in my challenge thread only to submit cheaty entries and nitpick about the quality of the challenge. If you look at their post history you will see a pattern...

They are doing the same in the kerbals to orbit thread, they did it in my sundive thread, in the circumnavigation thread, in the historical planes thread and also here.

They seem to want only to disrupt and annoy. I would not pay too much attention to things they say.

Maybe because those challenges aren't very well designed and leave things ambiguous?

Maybe because those challenges aren't very well designed and leave things ambiguous?

Give it a rest, man, honestly.

We don't take kindly to those that just wish to incite. Either do the challenges, or don't. Just please don't just sit here crying about every little thing.

Edit: Also, I'd LOVE to see what kind of challenge you can come up with :) Why don't you post one and let us take a look at it?

Well your Big Mac simply explodes on the runway for me.

Anyway, let me get this straight, here you said that your big mac weighs 28.2t I don't know where that comes from, it weight 29.8t to me, and 26t when empty. So when you say the weight of the dragstar, do you mean weight at the start? or do you mean weight at the end of the race?

Also what do you mean by the end of the run? Do you mean the end of the runway? The designs submitted so far don't have their top speeds at the end of the runway because they don't have enough fuel to last that long. Or maybe you just mean top speed? In that case is the run over after top speed is achieved? can I break any of the rules after the run is over?

And what do you mean by leaving the runway? do you mean we have to stop before the end of the runway? Or do you mean we just can't go off the side? If We have to stop before the end, then what counts as the end of the run? If I just run for 50 meters and stop does that count as a run?

The weight was just what I could remember by the time I uploaded it and made the post. Weight is calculated as initial launch weight. Well, the runway is the runway, isn't it? It can't go off it, period. The challenge is designed with the rules and guidelines the way it is to provide variation in peoples designs, allowing people to achieve large amounts of points in their score with very different designs. As a rules of thumb, as long as the craft slows down to below 20m/s, I'll just do the "F3", check the speed then end the run. If you can't understand what the challenge is about, yet others can clearly, I am NOT going to change the rules, and guidelines, nor am I going to cater for you and explain everything just to be understood by you. If you don't like the challenge, leave - it's simple. If you further continue to ask questions about the challenge which are clearly outlined in the OP, not only are you going to be ignored, but you are also going to be reported.

Good, glad to hear that.

This post is reserved for my entry.

Reserved posts are not re-checked for entries, make a new post for your entry else it will not be counted in the final collection

Quick question: are parts allowed to overheat and explode?

I have a design I'm happy with. However, some of the engines explode from heat near the end of their burn. Every single one of the 10+ runs I've put it through, the craft has survived and braked via chute safely. Even have gotten the same speed record each time. :cool:

Quick question: are parts allowed to overheat and explode?

I have a design I'm happy with. However, some of the engines explode from heat near the end of their burn. Every single one of the 10+ runs I've put it through, the craft has survived and braked via chute safely. Even have gotten the same speed record each time. :cool:

You can detach parts, explode parts, break parts - it doesn't matter, the run will still be taken for data. :)

In that case, it's time to introduce my entry: the Fat n' Fast!

The Fat n' Fast is named quite appropriately. It is quite wide for it's comparative length, and is faster than even Jeb's wildest dreams.

screenshot120.png?dl=0

It also puts on quite a show, using the last of it's fuel to make some large and dramatic (yet harmless) fireworks.