Warp To Next Maneuver Node Improvements

Thank you for adding the "Warp Here" and "Warp To Next Maneuver Node" functionality! However, after using this functionality for about week now I would like to suggestion two minor tweaks:

1) It appears that the warp function simply warps to: (Node - 1 minute) Usually this is OK, but for some engines or deep-space burns this functionality isn't as helpful because of long burn times. Suggestion is to make the calculation (Node + ((Calculated Burn Time / 2) * -1) - 1 minute)

2) The map view "Warp To Next Maneuver Node" is a little cumbersome in that you have to click on the projected path after the node to get the context menu to stay open. This is OK, but it would be really great if we could get the warp function added to the Navball where the node info for m/s already displays.

Thanks!

Thank you for adding the "Warp Here" and "Warp To Next Maneuver Node" functionality! However, after using this functionality for about week now I would like to suggestion two minor tweaks:

1) It appears that the warp function simply warps to: (Node - 1 minute) Usually this is OK, but for some engines or deep-space burns this functionality isn't as helpful because of long burn times. Suggestion is to make the calculation (Node + ((Calculated Burn Time / 2) * -1) - 1 minute)

2) The map view "Warp To Next Maneuver Node" is a little cumbersome in that you have to click on the projected path after the node to get the context menu to stay open. This is OK, but it would be really great if we could get the warp function added to the Navball where the node info for m/s already displays.

Thanks!

Some great ideas!

Another place to add a button is to the maneuver node icon itself in the map view, when it collapses. I can never figure out how to get the menu to show "warp to maneuver node" to appear.

Another place to add a button is to the maneuver node icon itself in the map view, when it collapses. I can never figure out how to get the menu to show "warp to maneuver node" to appear.

That is actually the most intuitive place to put it in the Map screen! I hope they end up implementing this :D

amazing ideas !

I also had this where i did a "warp here" , got automaticaaly brought there at, say x100 warp, then it displayed "Timewarp complete" , but left me with the x100 timewarp on. This is very very annoying because i hadn't quicksaved and i missed my rendez vous. Anyone else got this ?

I'm annoyed because when my orbit is nearly circular, and I click on the orbit, the box with the buttons to "add a maneuver node" and "warp to here" is oscillating madly as I try to click on one BUT ACCIDENTALLY CLICK THE OTHER.

amazing ideas !

I also had this where i did a "warp here" , got automaticaaly brought there at, say x100 warp, then it displayed "Timewarp complete" , but left me with the x100 timewarp on. This is very very annoying because i hadn't quicksaved and i missed my rendez vous. Anyone else got this ?

Yes, its common. Ive heard it has something to do with SoI changes, but its happened to me without. It's a bug, so right now, i just have my finger on escape and/or the < button to stop it if need be...

amazing ideas !

feel free to share it here: [support - Windows] Warp-to is broken sometimes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.