[1.8.x] CapCom - Mission Control On The Go [v2.11] [11-1-2019]

DMagic

The problem on the Contract Configurator side will be fixed in its next update. The problem on my side might be fixed already I'm not sure.

By using the latest build from GitHub do you mean the master branch? Or the dev branch? The master branch for my repos is always the released code, any dev work is done on a separate branch or fork.

Edit: I just checked by accepting some CC contracts then deleting the pack, the latest dev branch version of CapCom seems to handle it fine. It spits out a bunch of nasty looking log spam, but the other contracts continue loading and window remains functional.

Sorry, could have been clearer (and I didn't check - many github projects don't seem to actually do dev/master branches) - looks like I grabbed master, rev d0e477c683d616fbfda8f28dd509a4ed68532be8 "fix sub-parameters" - sounds like its all dealt with already anyway, and deleting the completed contracts from unrecognized agencies stopped the stock contracts applauncher app wigging out, so all good.

thanks for the mod, very useful.

timmers

I have a memory leak condition since i updated to 1.1, the only other plugin update i did in the past 5 days was your Orbital Sciences'.

Taking out Capcom stopped it all, but the logs don't show much, only a timestamp of when the contracts were loaded.

I have a memory leak condition since i updated to 1.1, the only other plugin update i did in the past 5 days was your Orbital Sciences'.

Taking out Capcom stopped it all, but the logs don't show much, only a timestamp of when the contracts were loaded.

I've never had problems with CapCom and memory usage. KSP is full of memory leaks, so it could be something else or an interaction with something else, or there might be some specific contract type that has issues. But I would need more information to say more.

I completed one visual survey on Kerbin, and then CapCom showed me another one.. but the location doesn't show in map view. If I go out to Space Center and then back to the tracking center, then the location shows up.

Is there any way CapCom could force a refresh so that I can see where the visual survey is without leaving my current craft (which I can't do without landing my plane)?

• 1 month later...

Another great mod by DMagic!

I've a small suggestion: It would be really useful, if one could sort the contracts by Offer Expiry / Deadline (for offered/accepted contracts respectively). Other than that, the mod is perfect for me :D

And a little heads-up: The Homepage entry in CKAN still points to the dev thread, I guess it should rather point here, shouldn't it?

Version 1.2 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

There are a handful of mostly backend UI changes and tweaks, a new sort-by-time option, an indicator for the currently selected contract, and the ability to select multiple contracts by holding down left ctrl when selecting contracts; these can then all be accepted, declined, or canceled if you have free contract spots or the contract is able to be declined/canceled.

• 1 month later...

I just started getting strange errors in Logs when I open CapCom.

It's been working fine for weeks, and now it just stopped ? Any ideas - looks like its locking up at the drawing of the current contracts. I think one of the agencies I have - the flag is borked. Could it fail gracefully like the stock app rather than not showing anything at all?

null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at UnityEngine.GUI.Button (Rect position, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CapCom.CapComWindow.currentContractControls (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CapCom.CapComWindow.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CapCom.Framework.CC_MBW.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at UnityEngine.GUI.Button (Rect position, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CapCom.CapComWindow.currentContractControls (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CapCom.CapComWindow.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CapCom.Framework.CC_MBW.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I just started getting strange errors in Logs when I open CapCom.

It's been working fine for weeks, and now it just stopped ? Any ideas - looks like its locking up at the drawing of the current contracts. I think one of the agencies I have - the flag is borked. Could it fail gracefully like the stock app rather than not showing anything at all?

Do you have the full log file?

It doesn't look like an agency problem, it looks more like a problem in assigning the accept/decline/cancel buttons on the top right.

Does this happen only with one contract? What does the window look like while it's happening?

Do you have the full log file?

It doesn't look like an agency problem, it looks more like a problem in assigning the accept/decline/cancel buttons on the top right.

Does this happen only with one contract? What does the window look like while it's happening?

Log file here (player.log.tar)

Screenshot of CapCom here.

I've got a bazillion mods (64 bit Ubuntu).

I know it's a specific "available" contract but I don't know which one. Sometimes the window works but then it stops when that contract re-enters rotation (i think)

Edited by westamastaflash

Log file here (player.log.tar)

Screenshot of CapCom here.

I've got a bazillion mods (64 bit Ubuntu).

I know it's a specific "available" contract but I don't know which one. Sometimes the window works but then it stops when that contract re-enters rotation (i think)

Are you using something to load directly into a saved game, without going through the regular load menu and the space center scene?

Don't do that.

Many, many things expect the space center to come up first and be loaded properly, if it doesn't things don't get initialized properly. In this case it's causing problems when CapCom tries to load the stock Mission Control Center scene texture atlas. I can change it so that this doesn't cause a total failure, instead it will show grey buttons on the top right. But in general those load-skipping plugins shouldn't be used outside of mod development.

Are you using something to load directly into a saved game, without going through the regular load menu and the space center scene?

Don't do that.

Many, many things expect the space center to come up first and be loaded properly, if it doesn't things don't get initialized properly. In this case it's causing problems when CapCom tries to load the stock Mission Control Center scene texture atlas. I can change it so that this doesn't cause a total failure, instead it will show grey buttons on the top right. But in general those load-skipping plugins shouldn't be used outside of mod development.

Oh I know what happened!!! I had a crash and my persistent sfs was not loading up, so I loaded a quicksave as my persistent. Sorry about that :-( !

Oh I know what happened!!! I had a crash and my persistent sfs was not loading up, so I loaded a quicksave as my persistent. Sorry about that :-( !

No problem. It's useful to know where the potential failure points are.

• 3 weeks later...

I've now had 2 big contracts that have gotten lost because of this mod.. I was on a Mun fly by and selected the Mun orbit contract.. made orbit and contract was gone.. not under available, not under active and not in the archive.. I don't know if this is something that you can fix or if it's just a KSP problem.. but it has cost me a lot of funds and science because it does not give the reward either and can't do that contract again later.

I have now uninstalled this mod to avoid losing more contracts but the idea of it is very interesting

I've now had 2 big contracts that have gotten lost because of this mod.. I was on a Mun fly by and selected the Mun orbit contract.. made orbit and contract was gone.. not under available, not under active and not in the archive.. I don't know if this is something that you can fix or if it's just a KSP problem.. but it has cost me a lot of funds and science because it does not give the reward either and can't do that contract again later.

I have now uninstalled this mod to avoid losing more contracts but the idea of it is very interesting

Do you mean you accepted the contract through CapCom and it disappeared immediately, or that you accepted it, completed it later, and it disappeared?

There is nothing special that CapCom does to contracts, it has the same effect as accepting a contract from the debug menu. As soon as a contract is accepted it is handled by the stock contract system. It wouldn't delete something unless you tell it to.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I had your mod in 1.0.2 and found it very handy, especially when it takes few sec of black screen between scene switch going to KSC and taking contract. But I installed fresh 1.0.4 and got some mods on. Now when I install your mod (via CKAN) it does not start. Am I hitting some lack of dependencies or some conflicts ?

r7BZ7BO.png

Hello. I had your mod in 1.0.2 and found it very handy, especially when it takes few sec of black screen between scene switch going to KSC and taking contract. But I installed fresh 1.0.4 and got some mods on. Now when I install your mod (via CKAN) it does not start. Am I hitting some lack of dependencies or some conflicts ?

Is that your complete mod list, or the list without CapCom? Because CapCom isn't on the list.

If it is installed what do you mean by not starting? There is no toolbar button? Do you have log files? Did you switch to Blizzy's toolbar and not add the toolbar button there?

Complete list without CapCom Mission Control On The Go.a

I install it and it does not appear as option in Blizzy's toolbar or stock, so I can not use it.

EDIT : After installing it for yet another time it magically appeared.

Edited by Mapoko

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.