+It's a rocket sled!

+Cheap

+Stop anywhere

+Good way to enjoy the beauty of Kerbin

+Anyway it's a rocket sled

-Slow

-Not for mountains

-You need a set of good turnover device

I swear I read 'Rocket/Jeb sled' and was trying to picture a rocket using jeb as wheels or something like that

Sub-orbital jumps for me, with enough fuel to make some corrections if needed. Everything else is too time-taking. And I mean: time-taking in real life, not a game time.

When I was starting my adventure with KSP I build a very elaborate VTOL that could switch into high speed plane and land on a surface for modular laboratory. This was the biggest waste of time I ever did in KSP. The amount of test flights, balancing, failed adventures and finally - the hours long flight to get samples from multiple biomes... I was totally exhausted after that and never touched my elaborate VTOL ever again. In my next playthrough all I did was sending simple capsule with chutes - got the same effect in roughly an hour.

Edited by Sky_walker

I just unlocked TurboJets for the first time in 1.0.x . Planes are much slower than suborbital launches but I'm really enjoying the new aero so it's worth it. My plane "Waldo B1" - sorry I don't have pics available - has two TurboJets a small cargo-bay for science and three small landing gear. It cruises at 20km-21km and between 600-800m/s. Last night I took it on a mission to probably 60-70 deg latitude (similar longitude as KSP complex) and it would have probably made it back to base with half fuel. And that's after a lazy (not fuel efficient) initial ascent, and a landing stop (plus roving between three local collection points). I *would* have made it back except the game crashed, probably because my science experiments had their overheating gauges on for too long.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.