what does "not enough data storage to research_____"?

I just connected 2 research labs on Minmus and one is already researching 500ish science data, and the second one states "not enough data storage to research_____" when i attempt to research something.

reasons it may be this way?

1) i haven't upgraded the Research and Development building. it states "research limit: 500". is this what it's referring to... per "base"?

2) i forgot to attach an antenna to the second research lab.... does this also mean i cant transmit the science from here? is this the reason it wont take the research?

I just connected 2 research labs on Minmus and one is already researching 500ish science data, and the second one states "not enough data storage to research_____" when i attempt to research something.

It seems the game starts looking at a vessel and only checks if there is enough room for data points in the first lab it finds - try moving the experiments over to the yet empty lab and undock it to try researching again.

1) i haven't upgraded the Research and Development building. it states "research limit: 500". is this what it's referring to... per "base"?

The R&D building only limits how far you can unlock the tech tree, in this case up to nodes that cost no more than 500 science to unlock.

2) i forgot to attach an antenna to the second research lab.... does this also mean i cant transmit the science from here? is this the reason it wont take the research?

As long as the combined/docked vessel has an antenna anywhere, every part will use it for whatever it needs it for.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.