KSC Rollout to pad animation

EVDE

Hello everyone,

I came up with an idea recently.

We all know these cool videos where you can see a saturn V or a Soyuz being rolled out to the launchpad.

Now i was wondering if there was someone who could make a mod that when you press the launch button, shows you like an animation from 10 seconds where the rocket rolls out of the VAB to the launchpad.

I do not exactly know how hard it is to make this because i dont know if there are some tools that might help. (kerbcam maybe)

So yeah, that was my request.

BTW: if it's too hard, please don't get upset and yell(caps lock) at me that i'm asking the impossible. And if the mod already exists, please tell me.

That would be a large undertaking, but there are mods that let you add new spawn locations, so you could build your own crawler and spawn it with a rocket aboard right outside the VAB.

That would be a large undertaking, but there are mods that let you add new spawn locations, so you could build your own crawler and spawn it with a rocket aboard right outside the VAB.

Yeah, that's a good idea!

I already thought (somewhere in my subconsciousness) that this would be a hard mod.

By the way, do you know when KSP 1.0.x 64 bit for windows will be released? Because i need it to use kerbinside and all its thousand models.

The VAB needs to be opened up imo. I should be able to drive in and out of it. And... Rockets get built on the crawler in the vab. Then when your done you can either

A.) Launch directly to the pad as is. Your rocket will spawn on the crawler out at the pad ready to go as it was in the VAB. Or..

B.) You manually open up the VAB doors and move the crawler out yourself.

Different sized crawlers too. I'd love to put smaller rockets on... I don't what it'd be called, but that trailer/train type horizontal mount. And then get to erect the rocket vertical.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.