Draco Nobilis I - atmospheric VTOL

R2sqaaI.png

This is ED corp. With abstract command structure and past which could be described on the sinus graph. Although it runs since 0.20 generation every building in space center is new. Most of time there are sounds of explosions, in the rest - humming of fire and sound of emergency sirens.

The only upsides are the vehicles. While other places have jets or rockets we have... dragons!

8Gnimgx.png

BFKM9kj.png

uC0Mc4I.png

zxj4CaC.png

Model „Draco Nobilis Iâ€Â

„It's hard to kill a dragon, but you have to strive hardâ€Â

Benedict Chmielowski

vzaSkyX.png

znB5SUT.png

0V2RMmr.png

3PPnvVl.png

Extremely rare VTOL used mostly for representational purposes, but could be also be practical while it comes to some the rescue missions.

Although its fancy design machine is pretty stable, but not too fast, so it can be used to take up safe astronauts from hard to reach landing zones, rather than tasks where time is matter.

H5bnzLK.png

OHWg4AY.png

wMmUqb7.png

fOZMuC7.png

u3U2slu.png

„It's a metaphor of human bloody existence, a dragon. And if that wasn't bad enough, it's also a bloody great hot flying thing.â€Â

T. Prattchett

Engineers which assembled this beast were surprised about tests in a wind tunnel - it works very well with new 1.0.2 procedures.

Because of high cost of materials needed to keep Draco together - broken wings, twisted tail, moving scales-brakes - every existing craft are under very careful service.

8edfsrH.png

eNErYgr.png

19xQWbu.png

FG7qvui.png

62C1Xmt.png

"They aren't aerodynamic, they couldn't fly with these wings"

Common skeptic

Main cons of this airship which will be analyzed in future prototypes are very weak brakes of landing gear, low flying speed and some problems about balance, but they are mostly recompensed with a picture of the ... well, dragon, parked near common limousines, helicopters and jets of other corporations at Consortium Conferences (some ED CEOs think this project is silly and use newer helicopter. They'll be fired soon).

7TDxAyc.png

Eyk1eUN.png

„Fus-roh-dah!â€Â

Typical Dragon-Born seeing dragon in Skyrim

Despite the status of Draco Nobilis there are a few of them on used vehicles market, but be careful, we assume no responsibility for engine settings, they should be checked individually before every start and CoM may change it's position during a flight. If plane becomes restive it is recommended to do an emergency landing like a normal plane.

6GcvNpI.png

nbEYRXS.png

7OAhqZS.png

krtI6Lf.png

„I Admire its Purityâ€Â

Ash about the dragon on Nostromo

„It's not a dragon, it's a wyvernâ€Â

Typical nerd-neophyte seeing dragon in Skyrim

GR8IXIP.png

Used mod: Tweakscale.

Edited by Drangir

Excuse me sir, but I won't resign the power of mods for unclear meaning of purity, especially if we're talking about tool so simple and powerful like Tweakscale.

Thanks for opinion!

Excuse me sir, but I won't resign the power of mods for unclear meaning of purity, especially if we're talking about tool so simple and powerful like Tweakscale.

Hey, whoah, I love TweakScale! I've got nothing against mods, and definitely nothing against part clipping!

The only comparable craft I've got is this one. (0.90.0)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Now I have to do better! Thanks for the inspiration!

Wow, this thing looks pure awesome! So awesome, in fact, that I just had to download it and give it a spin. (this is coming from someone who rarely downloads crafts)

... And I'd have to say, pictures don't do this thing justice. The way the air-brake "scales" ripple down the spine of the Draco as you maneuver around makes it feel alive. Very creative use of tweak-scale and stock parts. Plus, it flies decently well, which is impressive considering it looks so unorthodox for an aircraft.

+rep from me :)

(Btw, I think it would be better if you put most of your pictures into an Imgur album. That way, the pics won't take up as much space and it makes it easier to flip through them.)

Yeah, I've noticed. I'm used to post things on forum without imgur support, so shots I did are kinda messy. Future ships will have proper slideshows.

Obviously doesn't fly equally like simpler, balanced aircrafts, but I think it does its job? Balancing would need some tweaks, but I'll do this in Draco II

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.