Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

as for the launch vehicles, there's Protons and Soyuz rockets available for it already, and there's your shuttle, of course... so they might not be top priority I think...

also, noonespecial had a H-II that is almost finished, he just needs to get healthy again, and a Ariane 5 can be made with KW parts...

There was also the Lionhead stuff. He had a lot of the ESA rockets modelled, as well as an ATV

There was also the Lionhead stuff. He had a lot of the ESA rockets modelled, as well as an ATV

Yes he did. That was intended specifically for the this mod. Yogui was one of the original community members that made this ISS. I believe he built the Japanese modules....don't quote me on that. Also from the Japanese end. Noonespecial mods are fantastic and probably ultra realistic but this mod is very beautiful as well and less memory intensive http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/223187-japanese-launch-vehicles-pack-v0-30 however both are out of date.

I have the ariane 5 and atv put in this pack already

For such a short post so many emotions went through my head. This is the order of what went through my head

635515967163120478318194316_michaelscott.gif

859.gif

david-tennant-3d.gif

Also I have a recommendation/request. Can you make the bottom sepratrons on the srb work? They are there but they don't have a function. I assume they are a greebly. Although the way the srbs separate now are much better than the wat they used to seperate. They still don't decouple quite right. They fall away and their bottoms touch. They rarely strike the orbiter, but even a weak sepratron would do well with these srbs.

Edited by sp1989

will look into it

- - - Updated - - -

For such a short post so many emotions went through my head. This is the order of what went through my head

http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2014/11/14/635515967163120478318194316_michaelscott.gif

http://replygif.net/i/859.gif

https://tribzap2it.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/david-tennant-3d.gif

Also I have a recommendation/request. Can you make the bottom sepratrons on the srb work? They are there but they don't have a function. I assume they are a greebly. Although the way the srbs separate now are much better than the wat they used to seperate. They still don't decouple quite right. They fall away and their bottoms touch. They rarely strike the orbiter, but even a weak sepratron would do well with these srbs.

gotta say I like your gifs

Hi mike

I am very very impressed about your work. It is simply enourmous!

Some simple suggestions:

try to clean a bit the textures, they seem to bit saturated, may add a bump layer.

try to create a functional rail system for the canadarm RMS and try ro reduce the flexybility of the arm

I thought about an automatic arm but i am not good to code, it can have a sort of IA, selecting the target and docking to it automatically

for the iss modules it will be a good idea to start from fustek modules (remeber science, life support, and habitat).

For the kibo and the other science platforms, it will be interesting to perform experiments changing the componets in orbit, may be using contracts.

Please change the position in the tech tree to be more realistic in career mode.

Thank you for your time

hold on :wink:

Tonights plan is to animate the zarya panel. It will have 2 stages of opening and auto rotation.

Second will be to insert infernal robotics to rorate truss segments. But doing this it wont auto rotate to the sun.

So I will look into more advanced coding.

Will try to upload the iss pack to github. Looking for testers before anything official is released of course

- - - Updated - - -

Its a real shame I can't give you more rep right now. I'm quite excited to play with these new toys

Thank you.

going all out on the iss but trying to keep dependencies and fps down

Tonights plan is to animate the zarya panel. It will have 2 stages of opening and auto rotation.

Second will be to insert infernal robotics to rorate truss segments. But doing this it wont auto rotate to the sun.

So I will look into more advanced coding.

Will try to upload the iss pack to github. Looking for testers before anything official is released of course

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you.

going all out on the iss but trying to keep dependencies and fps down

Keeping FPS down is important. So what if instead of attaching the docking ports what if you make the modules on piece with docking ports. I mean in terms of part count it really adds up. Too many parts makes the fps drop.

http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2014/11/14/635515967163120478318194316_michaelscott.gif

http://replygif.net/i/859.gif

https://tribzap2it.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/david-tennant-3d.gif

I don't wanna end your little celebration... but moderators are not particular fan of meme usage.... i got a warning for using only 1 meme...

Keeping FPS down is important. So what if instead of attaching the docking ports what if you make the modules on piece with docking ports. I mean in terms of part count it really adds up. Too many parts makes the fps drop.

Thats exactly how I have done it. Like for the trusses it will look like it has no dock node but it is invisible. Just a bit of code in the cfg

- - - Updated - - -

I don't wanna end your little celebration... but moderators are not particular fan of meme usage.... i got a warning for using only 1 meme...

Noooo. I enjoy those memes

So have I but as long as the memes or gifs have text it doesn't violate the rules. You cant post a picture of gif without saying anything as your reaction.

Hi mike

I am very very impressed about your work. It is simply enourmous!

Some simple suggestions:

try to clean a bit the textures, they seem to bit saturated, may add a bump layer.

try to create a functional rail system for the canadarm RMS and try ro reduce the flexybility of the arm

I thought about an automatic arm but i am not good to code, it can have a sort of IA, selecting the target and docking to it automatically

for the iss modules it will be a good idea to start from fustek modules (remeber science, life support, and habitat).

For the kibo and the other science platforms, it will be interesting to perform experiments changing the componets in orbit, may be using contracts.

Please change the position in the tech tree to be more realistic in career mode.

Thank you for your time

hold on :wink:

Hello.

thank you. Yes it is a big job.

I have already made a new rail system. It is 5 truss sections long.

I dont know how to choose what tech tree to use I will leave that up to peoples feedback.

And for the canadarm I like the idea of automatic control but I dont understand that area yet. I might need to do research or fix romfarer system.

So I want to get the iss working for 1.0.4 first with the extra needed parts and then make it look good. Or else it will take a long time until it is released.

Some textures I am using are temporary because I dont have time for good ones yet

Thank you for your suggestions.

Yes I will be using advanced sciences but only as an optional plugin because it needs more dependencies/mods. Im sure others will agree.

So I can use stock science for now.

So I am looking for:

suggestions on what stock science I can put onto what modules?

And anyone with time to do any texture work for me.

Tech tree suggestions

Hello.

thank you. Yes it is a big job.

I have already made a new rail system. It is 5 truss sections long.

I dont know how to choose what tech tree to use I will leave that up to peoples feedback.

And for the canadarm I like the idea of automatic control but I dont understand that area yet. I might need to do research or fix romfarer system.

So I want to get the iss working for 1.0.4 first with the extra needed parts and then make it look good. Or else it will take a long time until it is released.

Some textures I am using are temporary because I dont have time for good ones yet

Thank you for your suggestions.

Yes I will be using advanced sciences but only as an optional plugin because it needs more dependencies/mods. Im sure others will agree.

So I can use stock science for now.

So I am looking for:

suggestions on what stock science I can put onto what modules?

And anyone with time to do any texture work for me.

Tech tree suggestions

One suggestion I have is that if you are going to get this intense with development on the ISS in here. It should probably be moved to either a development thread or the currrent ISS thread that you have. Just to ensure from here on in things that you post and other people post dont get confused.

Yeah.. this has become common ground for everything related to anything haha.

I recon dragons thread would be good. Its all set up nicely. But old now.

I will work on iss page.

Yeah.. this has become common ground for everything related to anything haha.

I recon dragons thread would be good. Its all set up nicely. But old now.

I will work on iss page.

Yea just use your own thread. If you use dragons thread it will get confusing. I can only imagine the sheer number of noobs saying "where's the link.....wahhhhhh"

it does not load anymore. When i start KSP it starts loading and ends at the OMSleft file :( help. I already did install it new

Ok give me 30 minutes.

Its tricky when it works on my system but not others...

Are you using realism overhaul or just the 1.7.3.1 download

Ok give me 30 minutes.

Its tricky when it works on my system but not others...

Are you using realism overhaul or just the 1.7.3.1 download

Same thing happens with me. just the standard 1.7.3.1 does that :/ I also noticed that it null refs when it reaches oms left file. That could possibly cause that.

Edited by XxDARKWOLF67Xx