Kerbal CGI model

SkyWest1218

So I'm a CG hobbyist, I decided to make a slightly more realistic Kerbal model. Only have the head with basic skin textures and partial rigging done for right now, but it's already in a state where it could be used for basic animation. Here are some basic expressions.

Excited:

17231395043_2eb87e0058_b.jpg

Neutral:

17825446896_b1657bf3df_b.jpg

Scared:

17852271641_47d75dfec6_b.jpg

Studio render:

17852274101_335e5d4e6d_b.jpg

Critiques welcome!

Fantastic. It even has the leathery texture to the skin I would imagine Kerbals would have.

These are worth animating, and continuing to create. Is there any ideas of what you might use it for? Like, maybe speech animation replacements for cinematic videos, or maybe making videos that aren't purely in-game footage, sort of like your own work of it? Just curious.

Yeah, truth be told I'm not totally sold on the eyelids thing either. I modeled them to get some better control on the facial expressions, but definitely they do kinda make it look a little creepy. What I can't decide is if I should simply make them smaller/less obvious or just scrap them entirely.

Anyway, I don't really have any plans for this, it's just something I wanted to try to get some experience with character modeling. Though I will say what initially got me thinking about it was an idea I had for a short that would involve a kerbal composited into live-action footage. If I ever come up with something interesting to do with it I might produce it. Otherwise, I'm thinking I'll post it somewhere for anyone to use when it's finished.

This is just awesome! Personally I love the detailed eyes. I'm thinking once the hair, helmet, body, etc. all gets done it will come together more and the eyes will mix in nicely. If you post it somewhere I'll be downloading for sure!

This is just awesome! Personally I love the detailed eyes. I'm thinking once the hair, helmet, body, etc. all gets done it will come together more and the eyes will mix in nicely. If you post it somewhere I'll be downloading for sure!

I'm thinking the same thing, for probably the same reason... :wink:

rVcklcz.png

MOAR CRAFT RENDERS! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.