The true origin of Minmus.

sal_vager

Kerbin\'s government would have us believe an entire moon has lain hidden from the population for centuries, that it is some kind of captured ice comet, when everyone knows any moon worth it\'s tidal forces is good hard rock.

The Kerbol\'s trusty tabloid reporters have spent hundreds of seconds researching this story, and have found that a secret organization known only by the mysterious name of Squad has been working behind the scenes, and has ties to the ice cream mafia.

Secret night launches of heavy, black painted rockets, and the sudden rise in price of mint softscoop can only mean one thing, Minmus is made of ice cream!

The evidence is damming, the Kerbol has examined the images released by the 'Space Program' and it\'s clear this 'new moon' is Kerman made, most likely with tools similar to this!

This image clearly shows the scoop marks in this hastily assembled moon.

mFS9H.jpg

Further evidence in the photo above is the lack of stars, everyone knows there\'s stars in space right?, just look up at night, unless it\'s cloudy!

And there\'s more! Why are the Kerbals in every photo wearing helmets? Is it to protect them from the lack of air? NO, it\'s to protect them from the smell of mint or they\'d be too tempted to start eating Minmus! Have you ever seen a Kerman with a spoon in any official photo? More evidence!

The Kerbols diligent reporters say that it\'s quite likely the mysterious Squad like ice cream, the links just keep adding up! There\'s even telling reports from ex-kerbolnauts cleaners that they overheard the first ever Minmus landing took place in an ice cream factory!

So far the mysterious Squad have made no comment confirming or denying these allegations, yet more proof!

New evidence comes to light! This recently declassified photo shows this 'moon' has begun to melt! Are our moons not safe from the global warming menace as well?!

Vincent, I think some people take the world of Kerbal Space Program far too seriously, even going so far as to discuss the history of a lumpy green icy moon that was plonked down into the game only days ago.

I think it\'s pretty safe to assume at this point that the Kerbol star system has no relation to Sol, HarvesteR and the team can be inventive, but I\'m also pretty sure Harv likes his mint flavoured icy treats ;)

Haha, that was a good one :D

As long as people come up with theories but don\'t start saying 'This is the TRUE reason for X or Y' there\'s no problem at all; I personally like the ice cream theory, although I doubt there was enough to create a 60-km-diameter ball of ice cream...

I guess I\'ll have to make a spoon part and launch a rocket to try mining Munmis :D