MKI type cargo bay

I hate to be that guy but... "there's a mod for that"

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/706/Mk%201%20Cargo%20Bay

...as well as "you can fit a satellite in a service bay if you try hard enough".

yxZBsAa.png

But yeah, a stock Mk1 cargo bay (basically just a stretched service bay, preferably with open bulkheads for extendability) would be a good thing.

Not sure about this... I have 2 problems :

-the 1.25m parts represent small rockets like Redstone, Atlas or Vega, so a cargo bay would be very weird on it since you won't recover it anyway...

Unless you are talking about plane parts, but then i think that Mk2 is suited better : if you want a payload, use Mk2. If you want a observation jet, use the Mk1... etc etc

-what will you ever fit in a Mk1 cargo bay ? Not Mk1 tanks obviously. Not Round8 since they are wide like mk1. The only things you can put inside are small (very small) ion probes or Oscar-Bs.

I'm not sure it is enough to justify adding a whole new part that will use memory and need to be designed and textured.

It's probably a cool thing to have anyway, but it's best suited in mods IMO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.