Worsening KSP performance.

Well, I've noticed a slight drop in physics performance, but the biggest drop seems to come from graphics for me. For whatever reason, in the newer versions of KSP, looking down (on Kerbin or in the VAB) kills my framerate. I can have the horizon in view, with a good chunk of ground with it, but the framerate drops if I let the ground directly below me get in view, and it gets worse if I turn on antialiasing. I think it has something to do with atmosphere shaders, as I haven't noticed it on other planets. It doesn't explain the VAB half of it, but that's my guess. Also, ground scatter on Pol seems to be really laggy, for some reason. If I zoom out to where the ground scatter is just a bunch of dots on the ground the lag fades away, but I wouldn't think that there would be enough stuff being rendered to bog down my (not not very good, admittedly) graphics card. It was never present before, though, so something must have changed.

Like previous poster said that is probably due to a very low end GPU bottlenecking it. If you have 650ti or better you should not get these issues.

The part-count related performance has nothing to do with graphics settings. I've just been trying to see if I could improve performance with changes to graphics; with all graphics settings turned right down I get the same FPS on my 300 part station as I do with all settings turned right up to max. No matter how I change graphics settings the FPS on that 300 part station is around 10.

Err, I never noticed any horrifyingly huge performance drops, but 1.0 didn't help (especially for us Mac users!)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to clarify, probably my most terrible moments of lag are in the editor.. Immensely slow and very prone to crashing.

Like previous poster said that is probably due to a very low end GPU bottlenecking it. If you have 650ti or better you should not get these issues.

Lower than 650Ti is too low end??

Really, it's just Unity. Unity was built for small games, not monstrosities like KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.