Why am I having this engine/fuel problem?

50D234A51EFA668D13A0D1566F772D77932D2503

This is part of a later stage (in early career mode. the mk1 pods are for tourists.)

The middle engine draws from the tanks above it, and I've been using that one first until empty. Then the left and right engines are both drawing from the right tank, causing it to deplete first. But then the left engine starts using it's own tanks while the right engine shuts down and won't draw from the left. Is there some rule to fuel flow that I'm not getting, or is it just being weird?

Edited by SignalCorps

I think it's just being weird. My workaround would be to add fuel lines from each tank stack to every other tank stack, so 6.

If that doesn't work, try rebuilding it.

If that doesn't work, IDK.

Depending on how you have the internals of those tanks hooked together, you might be getting some strange crossfeed from internal parts. I've also seen some wacky behavior from clipped parts, although that has been spotty.

As Dman979 suggests, I would first try pulling the ship apart, and rebuilding it (or just rebuild it from scratch) and try again. If you are using any internal parts to attach the fuel tanks too, it would be helpful if you let us know (some of them crossfeed, but the rules underneath that can be strange sometimes).

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.