Devnote Tuesday: Slow News Day I

SQUAD

Stop calling me that, or you will become an enemy very fast. I don't think you understand how much that pisses me off. I can take a few, but do not persist in it.

Sorry, never meant to offend. Thanks for all the great work while you were on the team, and looking forward to seeing what you've got in store for the future!

So like, we cant ask the dates for updates, but what about patches or hotfixes? they seem more important than just 'updates'
2.3 Forbidden messages

e. Messages that inquire about release dates for future versions of KSP.

Updates, patches, and hotfixes are all future versions.

I guarantee that everyone who's unhappy that they don't have 1.03 now wouldn't be any happier if it did come out now but wasn't ready (still unbalanced, in need of further tweaks, etc).

That's how we got into this situation in the first place.

Just take a (longer) break from the game and wait for them to well and truly fix it. That's what you want, right?

I guarantee that everyone who's unhappy that they don't have 1.03 now wouldn't be any happier if it did come out now but wasn't ready. That's how we got into this situation in the first place.

Just take a (longer) break from the game and wait for them to well and truly fix it. That's what you want, right?

This is good advice for anyone concerned that 1.0.3 may change the way they play.

Personally I'm playing Cities Skylines and TerraFirmaCraft until KSP 1.0.3, because I'm hoping the aerodynamics will be a tad more sensible (i.e. not soup). It's also giving the KSP community's excellent mod makers time to catch up, so by the time I do start, it'll be with a good suite of enhancements like Near Future Tech (literally updated yesterday), and New Horizons (regular gentle polishing) :)

(It's also kinda nice to take a KSP break once in a while.)

OWK summary gave us the last comment we have to go on, in 05.30 Squadcast.

1.0.3 patch "not this week ... probably not the next either."

If Maxmaps does a SQ today, I think we'll get a status update.

oh that would be most delightful

1.0.3 patch, status update: Based on things Maxmaps said in today's SQ, (starting around 7 minutes in) I got the impression that the two-week developer vacations announced last week, is the time being allowed for the testing teams to give their feedback about the 1.0.3 patch. My guess is, it probably won't be released until HarvesteR and Mu have returned to work, and had time to review the feedback & make adjustments. So, I don't personally expect a patch next week, but maybe late in the following week, if the feedback and adjustments go well.

So, now we watch for the next Devnote Tuesday, and any news they might share with us.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.