Associate Action Groups With Staging Icon

Probus

A very manly person once told me "I think that in the action group editor, when you associate an action with the staging action group you should get an icon that lets you place it into the staging order".

I thought that it was a great idea so I want to pass it on to all you great modders out there.

This would let you stage just that action (i.e. open solar panels) when the icon appears in your staging order, instead of activating every staging event.

Is this modable? What do you think?

This is modable but in my opinion it won't work with stage icons. Stage icons usually represents only the "activate" action of a part. You'll probably want more than only "activate".

So instead of stage icons I suggest to auto-generate an action-group for every stage there is and show it in the action groups tab. But that approach also have some weak points, for example what to do if you create, remove or rearrange your stages or the parts in them. Especially rearranging stages will lead to comfort problems as you usually want to rearrange all actions too. This means tediously removing every action from one group and adding it again to another group without forgetting one in the process. And when you rearrange your stages while in flight it's all a mess.

Edited by *Aqua*

Nifty. I would love something that would automatically deploy the solar panels and radiators when I stage the fairings.

Oh yeah, I forgot about radiators. That would be useful for those too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.