[1.0.2]EmDrive - Alpha Release 1(v0.1.2)

raptorep

Adds the EmDrive Microwave Thruster to the game, right now it's only a rehashing of the Ion Drive with modified textures and *.cfg file. It uses lots of Electric charge and a little bit of Liquid Hydrogen from the Cryogenic Engines mod and outputs a small amount of Hydrogen for use in mods like TAC Life Support. If you want to give suggestions or help me develop it PM me!

Sentinel Aerospace AMP-G1 EmDrive Microwave Thruster:

Em_Drive_R1_0_1_2_01.png

Em_Drive_R1_0_1_2_02.png

Em_Drive_R1_0_1_2_03.png

Future Plans:

- Larger Engines

- VTOL Lifters

- Hydrogen Fueled Jet Engines for Atmospheric Flight

Dependencies:

- CryoEngines

Recommended:

- TAC Life Support

UPDATE ALPHA v0.1.2

-Added TweakScale Support

-Adjusted ISP and Fuel Ratios to improve usability and balance

DOWNLOAD

Mirror - Kerbal Stuff

SUGGESTIONS

Place suggestions here to improve the performance and balance for the mod. I'm new to Kerbal Modding so please keep it civil and be helpful and constructive.

HELP WANTED!

I'm looking for Code Masters, Master Texturers, and 1337 Modelers to help get my vision realized!

Please post with a summery of skills and your experience with KSP Modding. Examples welcome!

Updated to Alpha 0.1.1

-Adjusted Thrust and Fuel Ratios to better reflect real world specs of a Gen 2 EmDrive currently under development

-Improved usability for better balance

Source: GitHub

Licence: GNU General Public License

Edited by raptorep
Updated to Alpha v0.1.2

[MOD - As per the [thread=87841]Official Add-on Posting Rules[/thread], could you please ensure that you specify a valid licence for your add-on?

This licence information must be included in the following places:

- Within the download itself

- In the forum post announcing the add-on

- Amy websites that you host the download from]

Yes, I just updated the source, and will include the licence within the *.zip

In addition, I've edited your post to also explicitly state the licence. Please remember to do this yourself beforehand in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Feedback Wanted! Make it better!

Please submit feedback of my mod. My vision is to make it function similar to the expected performance and operation of the EmDrive. But KSP is far from the real world, your feedback will keep it balanced and usable within the game. Even a "Great Job!" or "it's impossible to use!" comment will help!

This is a really great idea!

Unfortunately, I don't use Cryogenic Engines. Are you planning on making a version of this mod without any dependencies?

It really only needs Cryogenic Engines because of that mod's dependency on the Community Resource Pack. So technically you only need that, if that makes it more palatable for you.

Thanks! I'll make the change for the next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still working out a way to only have electric Charge to power it, but I am working to find a work around that'll work with KSP's ratio system for engines.

What if you tried making it so that it produces a dummy resource that gets stored within the engine as a container, and is consumed by it as a fuel? There are engines from other mods that do things like produce monopropellant when they run. So I wonder if it could just be made to produce as much fuel as it uses when it runs.

**It does indeed work. I grabbed the alternator module from the stock jet engine and made it output the fuel it uses. It's a bit goofy because those show up in the VAB description pop-up but hey it works!

Edited by Bignumbers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.