Rolling back to v1.02?

So, i stupidly forgot to turn off auto-updates and my KSP updated to 1.03, breaking many of my important mods. I tried using steam to roll back to the previous stable version, but surpruisingly steam thinks that is 0.90! Is there any way for me to roll back to 1.02 until KIS, KAS, etc are updated for the new thermal system of 1.03?

If you can't select 1.0.2 in the same way you selected 'Use Last Stable Version' (dropdown menu, right?) then I think you may be boned.

However, are you positive the update broke your mods? Or are you just assuming? I've yet to test anything so I don't know.

It seems to be broken. AVC throws the following warnings:

45mjMsv.jpg

v08vBqP.jpg

The game loads, but this is what I was met with when I loaded up my save and went to my LKO science station:

Y7w8IDB.png

I can't tell for sure what exactly, if anything, is broken. I can get Kerbin's textures to load eventually if I switch back and forth between vessels a few times, but it is sketchy. The installation was running perfectly last night, and this install has never had any visual mods of any kind installed.

It appears we stand corrected then.

The best course for you in my opinion is to forget about this save... as painful as that is. Either play stock until all your mods are updated for 1.0.3 or re-download 1.0.2 and rebuild your entire folder. You might even be able to drag and drop saves/mods into the new 1.0.2 to get it to work.

But to be frank. I really have no idea.

1.0.3 should not break mods very much at all, other than DRE (which is somewhat obsoleted by 1.0.3 anyway).

What mods in particular?

RealFuels looks broken, I couldn't open the Engine GUI, loading fuel into a Procedural Tank doesn't increase dV... That's what I've experienced.

It appears we stand corrected then.

The best course for you in my opinion is to forget about this save... as painful as that is. Either play stock until all your mods are updated for 1.0.3 or re-download 1.0.2 and rebuild your entire folder. You might even be able to drag and drop saves/mods into the new 1.0.2 to get it to work.

But to be frank. I really have no idea.

I am happy to rebuild the folder, but the problem is steam rolls me back from 1.03 to 0.90. I did not purchase through the kerbal store so I don't think I have a way to get 1.02.

- - - Updated - - -

Another player with the same issuie on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3ar31h/a_nice_view_of_kerbin_in_103/

NathanKell or any other moderator, should I make an official bug report somewhere, or is this thread enough?

Edited by lodebeard
fixed link

Don't worry about it then, I have some of those mods, including KIS/KAS, KSPAPI, Scansat, aaa_toolbar and at least a couple more on that list, and I haven't noticed any problems with them. Either one of the other mods doesn't work or the save is just corrupt. I would keep 1.0.3 and just install mods one at a time until you know which ones work and which one's will break it.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

Is the bugged space station controllable?

I've got the same bug with a pair of identical rockets in my game around Minmus: same invisible surface, same Staging icons shunted off the left side of the screen. I've got less mods installed than you do - the only ones that come up as being incompatible are KAS, KIS and the KSPAPI extension from Infernal Robotics.

Looks like there's a bug already filed: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/5156

I've got Chatterer but not MechJeb. If those really are the only two mods that person has installed, I'll try removing it and seeing if it works.

Edit: Perhaps not - there are a number of people reporting the same bug with no mods installed.

Edited by Grumman

Looks like someone beat me to the due diligence. Interesting he got the bug with only chatterer and mechjeb. I don't use mechjeb, and I am certain this has nothing to do with chatterer...

Yeah, same bug reported for unmodded games. I stopped playing hunt and peck with mods when I saw that. Hopefully a fix will be forthcoming.

oh - well in that casse I guess it's just a matter of starting from scratch with a new career...again... :(

- - - Updated - - -

Someone on reddit pointed me to a fix which appears to have worked! Her it is for anyone interested:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3asi15/uncontrollable_craft_kraken_fix/

Edited by lodebeard

I did some tests late last night and Chatterer was working with 1.0.3

I see a stack of revised mods appearing on KerbalStuff

Since I bought direct from the Squad/KSP site and use the Windows zip file I can have both 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 available

I sort of doubt it will make much difference, but nVidia had a new driver version out yesterday. I installed it before I saw the KSP announcement. My hardware is old enough, and KSP is obscure enough, that they never seem to get mentioned in the changelogs from nVidia.

And 1.04 has now addressed it, it seems. Mental note - next time just spend a day doing yardwork and wait for squad to fix it instead of wasting a day troubleshooting mods when it had nothing to do with mods at all!

I only got KSP about a month ago during 1.02 and forgot to turn off steams auto updates so the jump to 1.03/1.04 killed my modded save. I was at about 300 hours of played time too :'( :D

Yeah I may be borked as well.

Hadn't played in a few days, as I knew this next session could take a bit. I had a craft between Kerbin and Duna, on the way for the first manned landing - and expected return. (I'd landed a probe there, but it was one-way).

I had seen Steam update it a couple times in the last few days, so fired it up.

I only run two mods, Kerbal Alarm Clock and Kerbal Engineer Redux. I got the pop-up about Kerbal Engineer, with the only option being "Close." Anyway, loaded into the spaceport no problem. I went to the tracking station and selected my Duna mission. When it loaded in, there were all sorts of graphics problems. Nothing at all that I would attribute to an engineer mod - HUGE caveat being that I don't know jack about modding. But when things like the nav ball and altitude counters are just blank ... there an issue.

So I exited figuring maybe some loading issue from it failing to load the Kerbal Engineer mod or something. Got the same pop-up, and then got into the game. Went to the Tracking Station and .... there is no Duna mission. It is just ... gone.

I didn't save anything when I exited. But my mission is just non-existent.

All I could do at that point was exit out and walk away.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.