Upgrading 1.0.2 craft to 1.0.4

RuBisCO

While 1.0.2 craft files work in 1.0.4 they still have 1.0.2 settings, for example Jet fuel tanks still hold 150 units of fuel rather then 400 units, the wings and cones and tanks all still have the older aero and thermal settings. Aside for manually changing every part, is there a way to upgrade the craft file?

If the game didn't do it automatically, you'd have to go in to the save file and edit it as with the heat shield issue I guess.

Not just save files, .craft files are borked as well.

As far as I can tell, aero and thermal settings should not be affected as these are inherited from the part.cfg. but resource values are contained in the .craft and can be different from the part.

Presumably this is to allow tweaks to persist in the .craft file, though I am not sure why the Max value is stored in the .craft rather than being inherited from the part.

Squad's statement was "if you aren't experiencing the issue, then you don't need to update." I think a part definition was changed in 1.0.3, so any flights with the part had been built with the assumption of the old definition and wagged out, but anything new would already be using the new definitions.

Would this sort of thing affect saved ships in the VAB/SPH, or would it just be ones that are active in the game?

Saved ships containing the MK1 fuselage will be affected. they will be stuck with the old levels of fuel unless they are rebuilt or the .craft files are edited.

Most easily seen with the stock craft such as the Aeris 3A

A part that changes persistent settings (for example, change in resource amount, or parachute opening height) will not be changed in existing saves and .craft files.

For the chutes, just change the opening height to whatever you want in your craft file (new default for non-drogues is 1000m not 500m).

For the Mk1 tank, either text-edit the .craft file, or remove and readd the part in the editor.

Yes, there was a small patch-update yesterday. It fixed a bug making some ships uncontrollable after loading older save from 1.0.3.
Yup, not available on GoG yet though is available if bought from ksp store or steam

I usually keep an eye on the 'Latest Articles' section on the main forums page, but didn't see any mention of it - so, yea, I missed it.

Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.