Just a little moan....

maceemiller

Ok, short and sweet this one. Recently in the forum ive noticed many people moaning that "this update or that update broke my game" etc. Also, too many are complaining that "KSP isnt as much fun nowadays" and so on.

For starters, this game has only got better imo with the updates and as for the modders, give them a chance! They get the mods updated as and when they can.....I spoke to NathanKell yesterday about when the RSS 1.0.4 and RO mod will be updated and he said soon.....good enough for me.

My point is, stop moaning about KSP and either play it or leave it alone. If its never updated again, so what? Im happy with the game, in fact more than happy.

Maybe a chill pill mod might be the answer.

Moderators, remove this if you like but im just disheartened by some of the comments ive been reading.

Mini rant over :)

Ok, short and sweet this one. Recently in the forum ive noticed many people moaning that "this update or that update broke my game" etc. Also, too many are complaining that "KSP isnt as much fun nowadays" and so on.

For starters, this game has only got better imo with the updates and as for the modders, give them a chance! They get the mods updated as and when they can.....I spoke to NathanKell yesterday about when the RSS 1.0.4 and RO mod will be updated and he said soon.....good enough for me.

My point is, stop moaning about KSP and either play it or leave it alone. If its never updated again, so what? Im happy with the game, in fact more than happy.

Moderators, remove this if you like but im just disheartened by some of the comments ive been reading.

And frankly, I'm tired of all the posters on this forum attacking anyone who dares offer criticism of the game or Squad as whiners, moaners, etc. Especially in passive-agressive threads like this.

By sniping back at you, I've devolved this thread into the realm of personal attacks in the hopes that it gets locked and/or removed. We don't need yet another thread telling everyone that they shouldn't be "complaining". There are real problems with the last couple releases and forums like this are here to allow people to express both their support and criticism. In fact, the "negativity" that you see is really just people expressing their passion for this game because they like it so much and want it to succeed. I'd be worried if there wasn't any negativity expressed here towards the last couple releases because that would mean people just don't care anymore.

While that is generally true, pouncing on anyone with a complaint or telling people not to call attention to bugs or disruptive emergency updates does nothing constructive whatsoever.

If you were able to play just fine in 1.0.2, then the update to 1.0.4 no longer works for you, then that kind of sucks. And is a valid reason to moan.

You can't go back to 1.0.2 if you don't have a backup. (Assuming you bought it off Steam)

Complains are what keeps the world moving.

If you'd say the same with 1.02, the memory bug would have never been fixed and KSP would have crashed till eternity.

And frankly, I'm tired of all the posters on this forum attacking anyone who dares offer criticism of the game or Squad as whiners, moaners, etc. Especially in passive-agressive threads like this.

By sniping back at you, I've devolved this thread into the realm of personal attacks in the hopes that it gets locked and/or removed. We don't need yet another thread telling everyone that they shouldn't be "complaining". There are real problems with the last couple releases and forums like this are here to allow people to express both their support and criticism. In fact, the "negativity" that you see is really just people expressing their passion for this game because they like it so much and want it to succeed. I'd be worried if there wasn't any negativity expressed here towards the last couple releases because that would mean people just don't care anymore.

Quoted For Truth

Turning a group of people you don't agree with, no matter how puerile their complains, into the "moaners" or "trolls" is also trolling. Of course you can think it, you can want to strangle their little necks and force them to join you and your ways... but you can't say it; social etiquette and all.

We try to keep the discussion here as open and as free as possible. Constructive criticism of the game is allowed, even welcomed, but if that criticism is just insulting or offers no constructive feedback then we would rather people just didn't post it. Similarly, people are free to disagree with those that have complaints or criticisms about the game, but when that disagreement changes from discussing the criticism to discussing the critic then it stops being a useful discussion and becomes a useless argument. Terms like "whiner" or "fanboy" should never be used, they reduce the level of discussion and add nothing.

Please, people, reread your post before hitting the submit button: If it is discussing the ideas in a post then by all means go ahead, but if it is discussing another poster or the tone in which their post was written then please don't bother.

Thanks for adding to the cacophony of collective moans.

(The point for those that missed it: moaning about moaning is still moaning and adds to the moaning total, which will trigger another to moan about the moaning, such as this humble moaner moaning about moaning about all the moaning.)

Self appointed guardians of the status quo.

Some people complain - some people even whine.

but IMO the oddballs are the people who blindly defend an unfinished game. Much like the second poster pointed out, this forum is here explicitly to discuss our feelings about this game. For better, or for worse. Even if the conversation is unconstructive, it is still superior and certainly more on track vs conversations about the conversations.

You ever hear that saying, the customer is always right?

We're the customers, deal with it. Good thing it's not your game.

The problem is less the complaints and more the tone of the complaints, I suspect. There's a world of difference between expressing constructive criticism and acting like the game killed your whole family. I don't mind the former, I was weary of the latter before KSP even came out. If you're going to complain, at least try not to come off as whinging. Consider this advice from someone who still remembers the quaint term "netiquette".

Maybe ive been misinterpreted here, as my "moan" was not against KSP, Squad or any other factor with the game.

Anyways, WGAF to be honest....imma keep playing and enjoying the game regardless....im shocked to have offended so many people here....

From now on, ill do as ive seen many here do........read the content and say nothing....

In retrospect, is my post THAT bad?

Obviously it is?

Maybe ive been misinterpreted here, as my "moan" was not against KSP, Squad or any other factor with the game.

Anyways, WGAF to be honest....imma keep playing and enjoying the game regardless....im shocked to have offended so many people here....

From now on, ill do as ive seen many here do........read the content and say nothing....

In retrospect, is my post THAT bad?

Obviously it is?

No. Vocal minorities are a real thing.

The question that matters is: Do you really care what they think?

You really shouldn't, as it applies to your opinion of the game. Clearly you were looking for a sympathetic ear though... and got this.

Oh I should probably read the OP first.

Edited by Randazzo

Violent Jeb, but it is my game...I payed for it, I play it, yet I dont lose no sleep over it....ive just reread every post. I still fail to see why I have received some, frankly, negative responses as all I said was "dont like it, dont use it"! If people dont like that then fine.....im only saying give the people who dont get paid yet bring us amazing mods a break!

Oh well, time to watch the next load of comments come in :)

Self appointed guardians of the status quo.

Some people complain - some people even whine.

but IMO the oddballs are the people who blindly defend an unfinished game. Much like the second poster pointed out, this forum is here explicitly to discuss our feelings about this game. For better, or for worse. Even if the conversation is unconstructive, it is still superior and certainly more on track vs conversations about the conversations.

The customer is hardly ever right, most of the time the customer is just a loud mouthed cry baby who throws a temper tantrum when they are told "no"

Be aware before any more posts.....I love this game, im sorry if you can't have the same fun :

- - - Updated - - -

The customer is hardly ever right, most of the time the customer is just a loud mouthed cry baby who throws a temper tantrum when they are told "no"
Edited by maceemiller

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.