Survival

Nathaniel411

Story

We were all in a station when the kraken striked,luckily,we got into the escape pods and found an abandoned base.It has small amounts of water but no food.

Notes

We are in the same base,so we have to teamup to survive

The escape pod was poorly made,so no resources there

Now comment of what you will do to survive

Oxygen survey.

How much do we have, how much energy needed to keep it breathable (temperature/pressure), how many/what type of air scrubbers are there?

Communications survey.

With whom can we talk for how long (time window/energy requirements)?

Food survey.

Who of you looks the tastiest? (not me)

Scan the whole base for danger. You know how many sci-fi horror plots involved abandoned bases? I mean, people are not going to spend all that money to set up a base (where is this base, by the way?) and abandon it. Something has went very wrong there.

Improvise anything we can get to weapons, and go search for clues that help us identify the danger that cause the former inhabitant to evacuate (or killed) in the first place.

I finally finish the maintenance of the reactor, but then it begins to go kablooie due to the Self Destruct button on the toilet being connected to the reactor, and the reactor being the only thing on this base that is still in any way combustible. I curse like a PG sailor while ejecting the darn thing into space. If we're on a planet, I shoot it out of a mass driver.

. o O (note to self: EdusacconBR will be eaten first.)

I disable all selfdestruct mechanisms I can find. Then scowl (mildy, funny it was for a second or two) at EdusacconBR.

Making a list of all (emergency) space suits incl location for regular maintenance, and recalculating remaining powersupply excl. ejected reactor.

Edited by heng
typo, fifth

Check for poison in air, water, food. Check air filtering system. Check if there is any movie-like air vent that are suspiciously spacious and very often harbour deadly xeno-organisms. Also keep a psychological record of fellows survivor along with myself to ensure the danger (if presented) is not psychological in nature.

I look for communications equipment and try to get it running again. I'm not particularly successful, which isn't very surprising considering I hardly know anything about communications equipment. I ask the next person who enters this room for help.

After looking at EdusacconBR angrily for a moment, I go to the botanical area, trying to find a potato, or any other vegetable capable of producing electricity. If it was enough for an AI, then it's going to be enough for a nanosecond of powering something useful.

I begin plotting to eliminate the rest of you as you have all become competitors for the same limited resources.

Dangerous signs...this could mean we are in a zone where the environment messed with human psyche...could be EM waves, could be virus, could be even supernatural space demon. Wait, maybe it is the Kraken itself. Either way, we must start finding ways to get out of here fast!

I give up on trying to get the communications equipment working and look for supplies. I encounter RainDreamer, who looks somewhat paranoid and nervous, and start a conversation, mentioning that the comm devices seem to be beyond repair.

Quickly runs to Nathaniel after hearing that he had found a second reactor, and after seeing a leak in it, curses like a PG sailor, and asks the crew over the radio "Should we eject this one right now, or wait some time to get some more power out of it, and eject it when it gets closer to exploding?"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.