[1.0.4] Chani Planet Pack (Kopernicus Pack) (Version 1.0.2) Chani now has rings!

Elowiny

What do you want me to add next?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want me to add next?

• More moons for Chani
    • A new gas giant with moons
    • More planets/dwarf planets

This planet pack is a mod which adds one gas giant with five moons and one lava planet extremely close to the sun. The lava planet has actual lava, and trying to land on the lava will cause your ship to explode.

Let's see the new planets and moons

PIGGE

Pigge is a large and hot "sun-hugging" planet, as it's located one million kilometers from the sun (Moho is at around five millions kilometers). Because of the extreme heat, some parts of the planet are covered with molten lava which destroys any ship attempting to land on it. Pigge's atmosphere is extremely hot, and an heat shield is required. Pigge is extremely hard to reach, and even harder to land on, but the science rewards are worth the efforts.

Radius : 800km (A bit larger than Eve)

Atmosphere : Yes

Semi-Major Axis : 1 000 000 km

CHANI

Chani is a beautiful light green-turquoise gas giant with rings. It hosts a system with five different moons. This planet has the same orbit properties as Urania, an amazing planet from an old PlanetFactory Planet Pack : Sido's Urania System. Chani orbits between Dres and Jool.

Radius : 5500 km (A bit smaller than Jool)

Semi-Major Axis : 46 000 000 km

NAMO

Namo is a small rocky moon orbiting Chani. It has a very large impact crater which was created by a gigantic collision in the distant past. The crater is filled with hot lava. The surface is also very spiky.

Radius : 95 km

Semi-Major Axis : 40 000 km

YUIL

Yuil is a frozen moon of Chani. The majority of the surface is covered by ice, and only a small band near the equator remains unfrozen.

Radius : 320 km

Semi-Major Axis : 77 500 km

HOTHIVE

Hothive is a large moon orbiting Chani. It has a dense atmosphere and oceans of an unknown pink liquid which apparently tastes good.

Radius : 500 km

Semi-Major Axis : 100 000 km

ROCKO

Rocko is a moon of Chani with mountainous and uneven terrain. It looks very similar to Dres in colors.

Radius : 220 km

Atmosphere : No

Semi-Major Axis : 177 500 km

Carta

Carta is a small, very small, moon of Chani around twice the size of Gilly. It's orbit is very inclined and excentric. Scientists thinks Carta is a remain of the gigantic collision that Namo suffered. It also rotates pretty fast.

Radius : 25 km

Atmosphere : No

Semi-Major Axis : 7 750 000 km

Gallery

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Some questions about the mod

Q : Do the planets have biomes?

A : Yes, most of them do.

Q : Do the planets have custom science reports?

A : No. It will be probably included in a future release.

Q : What are the resolutions of the textures?

A : All planets are 2048x1024, exept for Pigge and Hothive, with 4096x2048 resolutions, and Chani, with a resolutionarrow-10x10.png of 288x144.

Q : Is the lava real lava?

A : Yes. If you try to land on it, your ship overheats and explodes

Version History

[1.0.2] : Added rings for Chani

[1.0.1] : Changed Yuil texture

[1.0.0] : Initial Release

Planed Features :

Biomes for all planets/moons

Custom science reports

More planets/moons

Thanks to :

The Kopernicus Team, for creating Kopernicus

Artyomka15, for creating the KerbalGalaxy mod, as I based my planets configs on KerbalGalaxy's configs

Download and Installation

http://www./download/f5v77hpnpem0i7h/ChaniPack.rar

To install the mod, just drop the "ChaniPack" folder in your gamedata folder.

Don't forget to leave a reply (so the mod doesn't sink!) if you enjoyed the mod :wink:

Alternate Configs

Chani as Gas Planet 2 and Eeloo orbit change

http://www./download/d2n21o8w6z28d6n/ChaniPackChanges.rar

This config will relocate Chani beyond Jool (kinda turning it into the second gas giant) , and move Eeloo further away from the Sun. Warning : This config might not work with mods which change Eeloo's orbit, such as Outer Planets Mod. You MUST install the base mod first, then install this alternate config.

(Config Idea by Gkirmarthal)

If you have an idea for an alternate config, just send me a private message, or post a reply with your idea.

QE1ncUT.png

Edited by Elowiny

This is kind of the planet pack I am looking for, now I'm back playing 1.04.

I have one but and request though: the orbit of Chani.

Could you release an aternate version?

Which puts it beyond Jool and relocates Eloo further away aswell?

Will be following this mod :)

Hey, Elowiny!

Haven't seen you in a while! You might remember me as markothefan1.

Anyways, i'm working on a science def for your planet pack.I will be done with it today.Can you use it?

Yes. Just send upload it to a website like mediafire or dropbox so I can download it.

Gkirmarthal, I am working on your alternate config.

Edited by Elowiny

@Elowiny, the mod works really well and with -force-d3d11, it doesn't eat much ram on my modded install. Super!

Btw increasing Eeloo's sMA to 220118820000, makes it not so close to Chani orbit.

My opinion so far, me gusta. Some stuff is solely my personal taste though, like with texturing as I like more RL planet coloring :)

Some parts I like and some I feel they are less fitting:

- Piggy, really really, you created something unique! Love it!

(Ps I was insrpired to fired up GIMP to add some lava, some other texture, but if you are interested? http://i.imgur.com/sW1cp5O.png )

The Chani system, my opinion/taste:

- Namo + Carta, nice combination and story! Btw would the magma still be as liquid after such time, or coulda cracked crust have formed? Have fiddled in GIMP with a hardened lava texture and it seemed more fitting.

- Hothive, is really a nice 'Titon' analog! and I think this one moon with atmo (with a future EVE config :)), would be enough for the 2nd gas giant.

- Yuil, I don't know about this one. It feels out of place for me.

An idea I had for Yuil: perhaps, re textured to be a completel N/H2O ice world, could become Eeloo's moon? Like Pluto and Charon. Or a seperate dwarf planet between Chani and Eeloo.

Edited by Gkirmathal

@Elowiny, the mod works really well and with -force-d3d11, it doesn't eat much ram on my modded install. Super!

Btw increasing Eeloo's sMA to 220118820000, makes it not so close to Chani orbit.

My opinion so far, me gusta. Some stuff is solely my personal taste though, like with texturing as I like more RL planet coloring :)

Some parts I like and some I feel they are less fitting:

- Piggy, really really, you created something unique! Love it!

(Ps I was insrpired to fired up GIMP to add some lava, some other texture, but if you are interested? http://i.imgur.com/sW1cp5O.png )

The Chani system, my opinion/taste:

- Namo + Carta, nice combination and story! Btw would the magma still be as liquid after such time, or coulda cracked crust have formed? Have fiddled in GIMP with a hardened lava texture and it seemed more fitting.

- Hothive, is really a nice 'Titon' analog! and I think this one moon with atmo (with a future EVE config :)), would be enough for the 2nd gas giant.

- Yuil, I don't know about this one. It feels out of place for me.

An idea I had for Yuil: perhaps, re textured to be a completel N/H2O ice world, could become Eeloo's moon? Like Pluto and Charon. Or a seperate dwarf planet between Chani and Eeloo.

I will try to apply your ideas for Eeloo and Yuil.

About the lava on Namo, Chani's tidal forces keep the lava hot and liquid.

Btw it's "Titan", not "Titon" :D

Another very nice planet pack! Rocko and Pigge look fantastic, Namo is a really nice concept too. Yuil's icecaps do look like they have unnaturally sharp borders though, compare them to Duna's icecaps which have a bit of wiggle in them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.