LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

9 minutes ago, popeter45 said:

in its default config what will these launchers work with (2x 3.2x 6.4x or RO)?

By default they will be configured for RSS only. How I've up the mod to work is; there are multiple config files in a separate folder that are set to only "activate" if you have certain mods installed. For instance,if you have RO installed, the RO configs that comes with the mod will automatically detect RO and use the RO configs. If you only play in RSS with RealFuels without RO, the mod will only use the RealFuels configs. If you have RealPlume and Smokescreen installed, the mod will detect these and use the RealPlume and Smokescreen configs that comes with this mod and so on.

If you don't use RSS, RO, RealFuels, RealPlume, Remote Tech etc, there will be another set of configs available (Thanks to Kartoffelkuchen) that can replace the default configs and set up all the launchers for either Stock or 6.4x. If someone makes configs for 2x and 3.2x, I'll add these configs to the mod as well. The configs for stock, 2x, 3.2x and 6.4x will need to manually replace the default configs, whilst the configs for RO, RP, RF, RT etc are already set up to auto-activate if they detect any of these mods.

Doing it this way should make life a lot easier for anyone who installs this mod :) Basically all you'll have to do (once the mod is re-released) is to paste the "Liquidhype" folder into your GameData directory. I'll post a whole "How to install" section in the OP once I start releasing the launchers.

5 hours ago, liquidhype said:

Yes, test versions will be given to people who have experience with modding or are well versed in contributing to mod development.

I mean... I write configs, model, and test(So much testing), and generally co-author over at BDB, does that count? I like to try as hard as I can to break things. :3

I'm also an avid RSS/RO player, so there's that too. I'd very much like to help out over here as well, and that's not just coming from a "Let me get this stuff early" stand point. 

2 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I mean... I write configs, model, and test(So much testing), and generally co-author over at BDB, does that count? I like to try as hard as I can to break things. :3

I'm also an avid RSS/RO player, so there's that too. I'd very much like to help out over here as well, and that's not just coming from a "Let me get this stuff early" stand point. 

Sounds good to me. I'll most likely send out test versions to select people without announcing anything on this thread. However, if the people I have in mind are busy and don't have time, I'll let the general public know here.

41 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

Sounds good to me. I'll most likely send out test versions to select people without announcing anything on this thread. However, if the people I have in mind are busy and don't have time, I'll let the general public know here.

I mean... I'm a 17 year old with no job or real social life. If you PM it to me, I'll probably be on that in an instant. :b

Also... @Kartoffelkuchen you... you are a good man. I play with Harder Solar System x3 on my main install, so a scale for 3.2x Kerbin would be absolutely wonderful.

Edited by VenomousRequiem

1 minute ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Is there a scheduled 1.0.5 release of the rockets we had previously? I'm just getting into RSS so these would be awesome.

Impossible to say, it depends on when 1.1 hits really. I'll release anything once it is ready for release. Standard Vega, and Delta III are both ready, but I want to bundle Vega into a "Vega pack" which will include all the parts and stages necessary to make Vega-C, Vega-E and Vega-E2, and all those parts are not completely textured yet. I also want to make some slight changes to Delta III, even though it looks really good now.

As for Ariane 6, I'm completely removing the PPH configuration, and changing the current A62 and A64 configuration from this to this. I'm done modeling the new Ariane 6, but most parts needs textures and being run through Unity.

Just now, Delta_8930 said:

So the Vega E and E2 have upper stages powered by the Aestus 2 and LM10 (RD0146) engines instead of the Z9 and Avum, right?

That is correct. Luckily I've already got Aestus finished, as it is used on A5 ES, so that will speed things up a bit. All that is left are the two liquid upper stages. All the solid stages, interstages, retros and everything are already modeled and textured.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Skalou said:

I've seen this today, and share it to you if it can help modeling:

let's see for the competitivity :P , but at least the independance.

I appreciate the video, but I already have the new Ariane 6 concept modeled. It just needs textures. I'm currently busy finishing up the ESA variant of Soyuz (as seen here).

2 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

I appreciate the video, but I already have the new Ariane 6 concept modeled. It just needs textures. I'm currently busy finishing up the ESA variant of Soyuz (as seen here).

If you don't mind me asking, can we see what you have modeled for the Soyuz second stage? Or third stage if you fancy, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :P

Just now, VenomousRequiem said:

If you don't mind me asking, can we see what you have modeled for the Soyuz second stage? Or third stage if you fancy, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :P

I'm not completely sure what you are asking. The model on Sketchfab should give you a rough idea of what I did for all Soyuz stages. Keep in mind that model is a couple of days old and I have done updates to the models since. I just have not updated the model on Sketchfab.

There is a WIP of Fregat up on Sketchfab as well, but that is a very unfinished rendition of it. I still need to add quite a few things to it, and then move on to making Fregat-M and Fregat-MT.

11 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

I'm not completely sure what you are asking. The model on Sketchfab should give you a rough idea of what I did for all Soyuz stages. Keep in mind that model is a couple of days old and I have done updates to the models since. I just have not updated the model on Sketchfab.

There is a WIP of Fregat up on Sketchfab as well, but that is a very unfinished rendition of it. I still need to add quite a few things to it, and then move on to making Fregat-M and Fregat-MT.

I mean like the RD-117. I think that's what the engine is... Like the way it's mounted to the fuel tank without the interstage shroud attached.

4 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I mean like the RD-117. I think that's what the engine is... Like the way it's mounted to the fuel tank without the interstage shroud attached.

You mean the RD-0110/0124? The RD-117/107A is the four-chamber engine used on the boosters. 

7 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Oh right. Well none of the engines in my Sketchfab model are the actual engines. They are all made in other .blend files and I'll upload those as well once they are textured.

I've made all the engines for Soyuz as actual engines, and not as parts of the stages themselves. So the engines I've made are the RD-108A, RD-107A, RD-0110, RD-0124 and the S5.92 engine. I might remove the vernier engines on RD-108A/RD107A and have them attach separately as individual engines. I've not decided yet.

In addition to Soyuz itself and its engines, I've made 3 different payload adapters and 2 payload dispensers. As I mentioned in my previous post, Soyuz will also have 3 versions of the Fregat upper stage to choose from.

Edited by liquidhype

4 minutes ago, Delta_8930 said:

You mean the RD-0110/0124? The RD-117/107A is the four-chamber engine used on the boosters. 

Yes, perhaps I read something wrong... thanks!

3 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

Oh right. Well none of the engines in my Sketchfab model are the actual engines. They are all made in other .blend files and I'll upload those as well once they are textured.

I've made all the engines for Soyuz as actual engines, and not as parts of the stages themselves. So the engines I've made are the RD-108A, RD-107A, RD-0110, RD-0124 and the S5.92 engine. I might remove the vernier engines on RD-108A/RD107A and have them attach separately as individual engines. I've not decided yet.

In addition to Soyuz itself and its engines, I've made 3 different payload adapters and 2 payload dispensers. As I mentioned in my previous post, Soyuz will also have 3 versions of the Fregat upper stage to choose from.

Well take your time and good luck!

Out of every mod I've ever had to wait to use, this one is my most hyped. I've been getting really into RO lately. :)

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yes, perhaps I read something wrong... thanks!

Well take your time and good luck!

Out of every mod I've ever had to wait to use, this one is my most hyped. I've been getting really into RO lately. :)

I am glad to hear you are excited. That gives me even more motivation to finish up this project.

I've been keeping most of the development secret because I don't need people asking for progress reports every other day. But the mod is really shaping up nicely. Every single individual launch vehicle that is going into this mod is modeled, at least more or less. For example Soyuz-5 and GSLV-Mk3 still needs a few things modeled. Other than that, everything is modeled, most things are textured and quite a few of the launch vehicles are already in the game and working. I am "secrely" working on a couple of small things that i might add to the mod, such as Stratolaunch and the 2 known concepts for LauncherOne. My main focus however is on the launch vehicles listed in the OP.

Just a quick shoutout to Dragon01. Dragon has been amazingly helpfull during the development process.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.