RoboBrakes v0.4 - Now with Thrust Reverser Support!

wrcsubers

• 3 months later...

Does robobrake work with whatever engine, because I did not succeed Zeroing throttle on OPT engine?

The "enable part>engine" stay grey at 0

I enabled robobrake on Adjustable landing gear by adding the following

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BDAdjustableLandingGear]] 
{
  MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleRoboBrakes
    }
}

On 12/1/2015, 11:19:27, gilflo said:

Does robobrake work with whatever engine, because I did not succeed Zeroing throttle on OPT engine?

The "enable part>engine" stay grey at 0

I enabled robobrake on Adjustable landing gear by adding the following

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BDAdjustableLandingGear]] 
{
  MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleRoboBrakes
    }
}

Hey Gilflo! Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't get a notice that there was a reply here..

Can you tell me what engine you're speaking of exactly, I don't recognize OPT...

As for compatibility with BDs Adjustable Landing Gear, thanks for the heads up! I will look into adding that into my official release next time around.

I appreciate the feedback! If you have any other info for me, please let me know =)

Heyo I'm using CKAN to install your mod and I wanted to let you know that it's giving me a bunch of nullrefs since it can't find the toolbar picture since the mod isn't installing correctly with CKAN (I assume). It's installing under KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData/GameData/RoboBrakes   Might wanna fix it with CKAN by takin out that extra GameData. (I dunno how it works exactly, but I figure its on your end)

4 hours ago, Tarrence12 said:

Heyo I'm using CKAN to install your mod and I wanted to let you know that it's giving me a bunch of nullrefs since it can't find the toolbar picture since the mod isn't installing correctly with CKAN (I assume). It's installing under KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData/GameData/RoboBrakes   Might wanna fix it with CKAN by takin out that extra GameData. (I dunno how it works exactly, but I figure its on your end)

Fixed =) Thanks for the heads up Tarrence12 - new version is 0.4.1

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2015 at 2:42 AM, wrcsubers said:

Fixed =) Thanks for the heads up Tarrence12 - new version is 0.4.1

Not quite. Apparently the version number for the last release was "v0.4" and that little 'v' makes it sort higher (apparently), so ckan is still trying to install the old version.

Very good odea to developp Robobrake but i find that interface is complicated and in real aviation everything is done to make things as simple as possible for user.

So my suggestion would be to make it simpler

On a jet, all the braking actions are triggered this way

1/ you zero throttle upon flare between 10 and 0 m

2/ on touchdown, speedbrakes and/or spoiler are automatically activated. Chutes are deployed if existing.

3/Trust reversers are manually  activated simultaneously

4/Autobrakes is activated after a short delay or on touchdown too, using the deceleratiom force you would have select before landing on a 5 positions button. You can override autobrake at any moment during landing run by applying brakes manually.

Golden rule is to activate all your deceleration system, but Thrust reversers and chutes are optionnal, some jets don't have this. Antiskid is automatic and always fit brakes.

So, to simplify Robobrake

1/ Select deceleration force on brakes

2/ Select manually deceleration force and Arm automatically all existing system on gear down

3/ Trigger all existing systems on landing: zero throttle at 10m, speedbrakes,spoiler, chutes, thrust reversers,  autobrakes on touchdown.

This way you could have an simple interface, just to select deceleration force on brakes and show all existing deceleration systems, with a red light if existing and not armed, grey light if not existing, green light when armed after gear down, flashing green light when in function on landing run.

Player would have just to select deceleration force and survey arming and triggering of systems he would have set when building his aircraft.

Braking override has not to be selected or set, it just happens if you Trigger the brakes.

Hope it can help....

Edited by gilflo

• 2 months later...

Hey, just tryna use this with 1.0.5, guessing it hasn't been updated? My menu button is just grey. On downloading via ckan after seeing it asays it's compatible with ksp 1.0.5 my menu icons have appeared however they still don't bring up any menu and duplicate in number with every scene change in game spamming the tool bar?

Thanks for any info in advance :)

Edited by pingopete

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.