Reliable and up-to-date modding guide

OrianCEV

I really want to get into KSP modding-but I just can't find a 1.0 compatible modding guide, anyone know any? I've been able to get a model into the game, but my collision mesh and my main are colliding and the spec. map is where the actual texture should be. I'm using blender. Help!:huh:

I had the same issue, until I finally figured this out. I am going to make a full tutorial under the development section once I get the chance. I know that it's a pain in the butt to figure out. Using blender is a lot harder... I promise that I will make that tutorial.

...and the spec. map is where the actual texture should be.

A specular map is placed inside the alpha channel of your diffuse map, If your using GIMP, add a layer mask (from black) and then paste your specular map into it. The result will be a semi-transparent Image that will have specular highlights in game.

Specular map and the finished diffuse/ Combined specular map:

P7LRnbx.png

A specular map is placed inside the alpha channel of your diffuse map, If your using GIMP, add a layer mask (from black) and then paste your specular map into it. The result will be a semi-transparent Image that will have specular highlights in game.

http://i.imgur.com/P7LRnbx.png

Many thanks, this modding community is great!

- - - Updated - - -

Could you give me a hand with putting this into blender?

A little over a year old, but these tutorials held my hand through modding my first few custom parts.

Also, don't start with something as complicated as a VASIMR and nuclear reactor. :P That was pretty dumb of me.

That's great-but what are the four lines-pointing up, down, left, and right- in the Squad parts?

• 1 month later...

So in the tank_spec, the lighter parts of that image will be shiny? And say, if you wanted only part of your image to be shiny and another part to be totally flat looking, the flat-looking parts should just be black.

What would a person need to do in Unity editor, as far as the shader settings?

I'm asking because my part in Unity looks pretty much shiny everywhere. I may not have done this first part correctly though.

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.