WIP: Deltaglider XR-1

Redneck

On February 16, 2016 at 9:26 AM, CommanderSpock said:

I actually found it via the torrent, the situation is fine now.

I am working on putting it on space dock. But they working on website right now so...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No its ok to ask I dont mind. I was awaiting them to fix/finish the wheels. We will see. I am thinking about doing a major texture redo also. But I have not forgotten and this project is not abandoned

• 2 weeks later...

well im also looking into how to maybe reduce the amount of dependent mods required. not sure im going to be able to pull this off without some custom code which i have no clue about

2 minutes ago, Redneck said:

well im also looking into how to maybe reduce the amount of dependent mods required. not sure im going to be able to pull this off without some custom code which i have no clue about

Well what I can do for you is give you properly balanced VTOL engines; if I make it front and rear engine parts, I can manually balance them, and then change the CFGs to reflect that.

21 hours ago, Redneck said:

all you have to do is use the thrust limiter on hover engines. cut the 2 rear ones to half and front to full

I've done some testing and the perfect limits are 23.5% for the rear hover engines and 99% for front.

I am looking to converting XR2 to FAR mod. If successful and i like the results then Ill convert the Deltaglider also. Sound like a plan?

Edited by Redneck

26 minutes ago, CommanderSpock said:

Is the XR2 fully functional right now?

ehhh! not really things to do are

1: get the RCS engines in

2: Animate docking port and assign hatches/ladders for EVA

3 cargo bay animations

4 landing gear (gear will be last due to learning curve involved and the time it will take to update the Deltaglider as well)

5 Retro engines and Rudders 1/2 working.(animations done)

6: Control flaps are in (no speed brake animation yet although I think using the FAR drag model will actually make the speed brake work now and not just animated to look like it)

7: Need to get a basic IVA cockpit in (not necessarily the props but at least imported. Its using the Deltagliders now as a place holder)

8: hover engines and animations 

*: any unforeseen glitches or hangups that slow me down (FAR may be one. Dont anticipate it to be to bad) Any little touchups on the model such as normals maybe some bump maps for depth little stuff (I hope)

Right now the XR2 is flyable in a straight line and can get to orbit. Turning does work but results in a unrecoverable spin. FAR should fix this problem and its really something Ive been wanting to get to work even when working on the deltaglider. The goal is to get these craft flying as smoothly and as maneuverable as can be made

Edited by Redneck

56 minutes ago, Redneck said:

ehhh! not really things to do are

1: get the RCS engines in

2: Animate docking port and assign hatches/ladders for EVA

3 cargo bay animations

4 landing gear (gear will be last due to learning curve involved and the time it will take to update the Deltaglider as well)

5 Retro engines and Rudders 1/2 working.(animations done)

6: Control flaps are in (no speed brake animation yet although I think using the FAR drag model will actually make the speed brake work now and not just animated to look like it)

7: Need to get a basic IVA cockpit in (not necessarily the props but at least imported. Its using the Deltagliders now as a place holder)

8: hover engines and animations 

*: any unforeseen glitches or hangups that slow me down (FAR may be one. Dont anticipate it to be to bad) Any little touchups on the model such as normals maybe some bump maps for depth little stuff (I hope)

Right now the XR2 is flyable in a straight line and can get to orbit. Turning does work but results in a unrecoverable spin. FAR should fix this problem and its really something Ive been wanting to get to work even when working on the deltaglider. The goal is to get these craft flying as smoothly and as maneuverable as can be made

You know, I could help you with the flight characteristics like I did last time. 

To do so would actually slow down the progress. Its alot easier to Start KSP/ALT-F12/reload Database make changes Reload database rinse and repeat. But I do thank you for offering

a little update as seen in the picture with wing moved forward she flew perfectly

lonhl1Y.png?1so what does this mean? Well it means 2 things....

1: simply move the pivot point on the body in blender and re export that part of the model to unity. Moving the pivot point moves the Center of gravity

2: FAR research can be put on hold thus i can possibly release a "Testing" version a little early we shall see

Edited by Redneck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.