Blender modeling help

0HUyJLx.png

So I am using blender and I need help merging these vertices, but keep in mind I want the wing which you can barely see on the other side to be a mirror of this one. I know that there is another easy way to make an airplane by adding a mirror module or something. That is something I am not very interested in since I am so far into this model already. What are your suggestions is there an easy way to attach these because I am having trouble.

Blender is a massive beast for learning, and has one of the steepest learning curves I have ever seen in a consumer application. That said, it is wonderfully full of options and capability.

Delete your unwanted wing ont he other side. Separate the wanted wing into a separate object. Set your snapping to snap-to-vertex. Select the wing, hold control (to enable snap), and snap it into place. It -should- snap directly to the vertexes on the body (doesn't work in edit mode, hence the separating as an object). Hit Ctrl-A and 'apply Location' to the wing to reset its origin to world origin. Hit Shift-D to duplicate it. Now hit Ctrl+M to mirror, and then hit X to select the X axis to mirror the wing on. It is now mirrored identically on the other side (but has improper normals). Select the newly duplicated wing and hit CTRL+A and 'apply Scale' (to apply the mirrored scale). Enter edit mode (hit tab) on the new wing. Select all vertices and use the menu options for Mesh>Normals>Recalculate Outside - this will fix the normals that got inverted from mirroring.

You should now have two identical wings (as separate objects). Select both wings and then select your main body last, and hit erm... Ctrl+J (or maybe just J) - to Join both wings to the main body.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest using Sketchup for your 3d models (really easy to use) with the Group/Component option making it easy to have the same object mirrored. Then all you do is export it into blender to remove doubles/tries, UV unwrap and texture. Also you do not want to design the whole craft, just parts to build the craft. These Video Tutorials should help you out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.