[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Wow this is insane, this could be a SCP if writen well enough (kinda the same genre as the radio clock one)

Now I can to put a hair drier in a box, or something a little more durable. (If I ever do that im posting it here)

Well, the most Kerbal article on that site is this one: https://what-if.xkcd.com/139/ :P Guess we HAVE to try that.

On topic: how to use MGM caps? My MRLS keeps turning over when the missile hits them, although the missile does fly to the target.

Well, the most Kerbal article on that site is this one: https://what-if.xkcd.com/139/ :P Guess we HAVE to try that.

On topic: how to use MGM caps? My MRLS keeps turning over when the missile hits them, although the missile does fly to the target.

I tend to use the caps only at the rear of the tube to keep things simpler, but I see what you mean with the vehicle spinning about from the launch. My suggestion would be sticking landing legs on the MLRS chassis to act as stabilizers/outriggers when it fires.

- - - Updated - - -

I tend to use the caps only at the rear of the tube to keep things simpler, but I see what you mean with the vehicle spinning about from the launch. My suggestion would be sticking landing legs on the MLRS chassis to act as stabilizers/outriggers when it fires.

- - - Updated - - -

What? Why did the forum just double post when I clicked once? Kek, must be Kutin calling again...

Well, my MRLS spins so violently that it flies up a few meters in air and flips upside down. Doubt legs would help.

The MGM caps are a bit bugged, they are meant to be used at the front of the tube but... for some unknown reason, it doesn't disassemble itself like it did during the test phases anymore... I'm working on it

You'd have to decouple it manually each time.

What I'm concerned more is that MGM missile has very short range, and doesn't follow proper ballistic trajecory.

ok THAT is BD's fault... AGMBallistic is glitched unless it's air launched

Hello again, I would like to know if you could add residual heat to the nukes (Flying in the cloud will make the craft overheat)

I don't know if it's possible but I guess it would add some realism since I often fly inside of the flaming clouds :confused:

Hello again, I would like to know if you could add residual heat to the nukes (Flying in the cloud will make the craft overheat)

I don't know if it's possible but I guess it would add some realism since I often fly inside of the flaming clouds :confused:

nope...

that's all i can really say, without some serious Plugin coding which I haven't really started yet

thank you! for answering to the two posts that picked up my idea and ignoring me

ok, there is no reason to be sarcastic about it. Have you not realized that I'm in school most of my day? Have you also looked at other posts? I'm sorry for not conforming to your specific needs, clearly I need to be better in serving you.

You asked for dumb cluster bombs, but that's way too broad. You need to be more specific in requests, just asking for a general type of bomb doesn't help me make them.

and about the smoke cloud thing, yeah I'll get to that, but realize I have a lot of time in which I am out and not working on this mod. All you need to do is reiterate your point later on in a sort of self-bump... but being sarcastic and rude is not the way to approach it.

I hate to show my sour side but jeez it's not that hard to approach this appropriately and civilized unlike how you just did.

ok, there is no reason to be sarcastic about it. Have you not realized that I'm in school most of my day? Have you also looked at other posts? I'm sorry for not conforming to your specific needs, clearly I need to be better in serving you.

You asked for dumb cluster bombs, but that's way too broad. You need to be more specific in requests, just asking for a general type of bomb doesn't help me make them.

and about the smoke cloud thing, yeah I'll get to that, but realize I have a lot of time in which I am out and not working on this mod. All you need to do is reiterate your point later on in a sort of self-bump... but being sarcastic and rude is not the way to approach it.

I hate to show my sour side but jeez it's not that hard to approach this appropriately and civilized unlike how you just did.

Don't let it get to you. Basic human decency just doesn't come naturally to some people *sarcasm for those who might get offended*

But seriously, you have people who have literally just started on the forums making requests without reading through the last couple of pages to see what's been trending so to speak. For those of us here frequently--and by extension have sorta somewhat gotten to know each other--it's annoying but understandable. Rudeness, however, is never going to sit well with anyone.

Don't let it get to you. Basic human decency just doesn't come naturally to some people *sarcasm for those who might get offended*

But seriously, you have people who have literally just started on the forums making requests without reading through the last couple of pages to see what's been trending so to speak. For those of us here frequently--and by extension have sorta somewhat gotten to know each other--it's annoying but understandable. Rudeness, however, is never going to sit well with anyone.

I had a bit to spill... been a bit rough to keep up with the knowledge I can't really do anything for a bit. I'm glad people like you are here to help moderate and generally be great around here.

yeah I didn't deal with that too well, but at the same time... the timing was not good either.

As for mod progress and such, well as was previously mentioned work is halted because I'm busy and RGBPeter has disappeared temporarily. That means no textures and I can't model or debug, just give it some time, and we'll end this standstill and release 0.6 not too far after.

I had a bit to spill... been a bit rough to keep up with the knowledge I can't really do anything for a bit. I'm glad people like you are here to help moderate and generally be great around here.

yeah I didn't deal with that too well, but at the same time... the timing was not good either.

As for mod progress and such, well as was previously mentioned work is halted because I'm busy and RGBPeter has disappeared temporarily. That means no textures and I can't model or debug, just give it some time, and we'll end this standstill and release 0.6 not too far after.

It wasn't a dig at you at all (I realize upon re-reading I wrote that quite poorly), more just comment on the state of the forums as a whole

It wasn't a dig at you at all (I realize upon re-reading I wrote that quite poorly), more just comment on the state of the forums as a whole

I see that, I actually did realize I took it a bit far myself.

and yeah, forums can get toxic, but adaptation is necessary since, I develop a mod/addon

goodnewseveryone.png

I'm back on the development scene! Just got a bunch of projects done and it looks like I can get back to modelling and debugging

RGBPeter is still on leave, but until he's back I can get the models done and ready!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.