Completely unrealistic requirement for satellite placement.

I'm on a contract to place a sat in a specific orbit around the mun.

Ive got it to the point that it is so close to the requested orbit that any adjustments are literally less than 0.1 m/s changes.. I.E. non existent.

My Pe and Ap markers are dead on exactly on top of the contract markers and the orbit markers are flickering blue/purple because they are directly perfectly one top of each other.

Contract Pe 301,967 Current Pe 302,0xx

Contract AP 469,328 Current Ap 469,2xx

I leave the last 2 letters as Xs because the numbers are not stable, they are jittering around.

It is not possible for me to make it any closer than it is. Ive done a number of these type of missions and have never had a problem, but this, this is literally impossible, it cannot get any closer than it is..

The contract section that is not fulfilled is the part: "reach orbit within marginal deviation.

the "stable for 10 seconds" and the satellite type stuff is good to go.

EDIT: after 2 hours of trying to get it, I finally ran out of monopropellent.

I was making adjustments so small that the only way I would not overshoot was to tap the RCS thrusters to make very tiny changes.

I'm really kinda pissed off, this is either a glitch, or just plain stupid.

Edited by Wingnutt

Heh, I got a better one. Sentinel for Eve, place in designated orbit, which actually intersected orbit of Moho... got the satellite there, then found out my inclination was 180 degrees off.

Seriously? :huh: Sentinel in retrograde Sun orbit at Moho altitude? Is someone bonkers?

Anyway, ended up cancelling the contract and leaving the satellite there. A month later another one came, and this time I didn't even need to adjust the orbit, the satellite just got accepted where it was.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.