[1.4.0] Old School Fairings

Felbourn

When any mod ZIP has a GameData folder, you put whatever is in there into your GameData folder.

Mine works the same way. My ZIP's GameData contains a folder called Felbourn. You put that into your GameData folder. What you described sounded like you went one level deeper and put those three into GameData without their containing folder.

Usually when you are missing part of your directory structure, parts won't load (for ANY mod with parts) because they often have MODEL sections that directly reference the art. For example mine have things like this:

MODEL
    {
        model = Felbourn/KWRocketry/KW_Fairing_Cone1m
        scale = 1,1,1
    }

The missing root folder means your models are not being loaded, and KSP has nothing to show so the PARTs are "missing."

Once you have tweakscale you only need the ones that look different. The ones that all look the same when you use tweakscale can be achieved by actually using tweakscale. This clears up your inventory a little of things you don't need to see.

15 hours ago, Felbourn said:

Once you have tweakscale you only need the ones that look different. The ones that all look the same when you use tweakscale can be achieved by actually using tweakscale. This clears up your inventory a little of things you don't need to see.

which makes sense but for the early node you took away the side walls and mounts, you dont get them till the 160sci mark 

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked this in 1.1.3 and:

• it works fine, so I will not be pushing a new release, just use the 1.1.2 version from github
  • all the included fairings decouple properly (if some other mod does not work, that mod maker will need a CFG patch, but if you tell me which one I then can post a temp patch here)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pre-release available if you want to test the Firespitter texture switching of colors on the 5m expanded fairings.

I am NOT an artist! :) This is about the best I can do, so if a real artist sees this and goes "UGH!" and wants to do better, I'll use your textures instead. :wink: 

https://github.com/Felbourn/OSFairings/releases/tag/v.1.1.3.0 

As previously mentioned the fairings don't work in career mode due to tweak scale (or at least that's what it says on the part in the RnD center). Although interestingly there is one piece (the expanded 2.5m nose cone I believe) that will appear in the game, but since the part that fit with it aren't there you can’t use it.

Off course i don't want to create work for you. Do you know of any quick fixes I could apply?

Thanks for the mod though!

I made a change for TS and career that I guess did not work then.
When TS is involved, all pieces are supposed to be under 'advConstruction' now.
I never tried it with just TS, OSF, and stock career. There are a lot of combos to try if I wanted to test every method the mod can be installed.

Hello again. So I tried a few different combinations (stock tech tree with new update, stock with the last version, community tech tree with both versions). Unfortunately it seems nothing has worked. All the parts appear in the tech tree, but the title of them says they have been removed for tweak scale. Although in the old version there was that one nose cone that didn't have that. But in the newest version it is the same as the other parts. 

Just thought I'd let you know. I have very little experience with actually messing with mods, but I might try and fiddle around. 

Loving project Ares btw!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.