Entering the Cosmos!

Cetera

Bob and Muncott ride the Bophus 3, with only minor mishaps, towards the first manned/kerbed Munar Landing!

This is the first of a three-part episode featuring an Apollo-style Munar mission.

SOUNDTRACK

"Fiddles McGinty"  
"Fanfare for Space" 
"Majestic Hills"
"Americana"
"Lost Frontier"
"Montauk Point"
"Life of Riley" 

Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) 
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Bob takes the Bophus 3 Munar Module down to the surface, becoming the first Kerbal to walk on the Mun.  He's a bit clumsy in his Munwalk, falling on his head a couple of times, but only breaking one solar panel.

SOUNTRACK

"Little Apprentice" by timbeek.com
"Merry Cheery" by timbeek.com

"Fiddles McGinty" 
"Silver Blue Light"
"Pennsylvania Rose"
"The Forest and the Trees"
"Anamalie" 
"Heart of Nowhere"
"Life of Riley" 

• 2 weeks later...

Double update this post, as I forgot to update this thread last week.

Part 3 of our first Mun landing, Apollo-style!  Bob ascends from the surface and rejoins Muncott.  Together they return as heroes to Kerbin.

SOUNDTRACK

"Fiddles McGinty" 
"Arcadia"
"On the Shore"
"Peacful Desolation"
"Stages of Grief" 
"The Chamber"
"To the Ends" 
"The Forest and the Trees"
"Achaidh Cheide"
"Wallpaper"
"Revival"
"Life of Riley"

We sending Kerbals Back to the Mun!  

Jebediah is flying Mirenna (Minmus mission veteran) to the Mun for another manned/kerbed landing.  Mirenna will be using her experience from the Mimus mission and compare the results of similar research from the Mun, providing kerbals with a deeper understanding of their nearest neighbor and their place in the Cosmos they are just learning to enter.

SOUNDTRACK

"Fiddles McGinty" 
"Sunflower Dance Party"
"Tempting Secrets"
"Master of the Feast"
"Willow and the Light" 
"Life of Riley"

Edited by Cetera

• 2 weeks later...

The final episode of the Entering the Cosmos! series ends in dramatic fashion.  Mirenna Kerman is without solar panels, unable to generate electricity, and running out of life support quickly.  Determined to complete her mission, she risks life and limb in a race against time.

CAST 
(in order of appearance)

EECOM Controller......................................................................Cetera
Flight Director.........................................................................El Shield
CAPCOM Controller.............................................................UrchinGirl
Mirenna Kerman............................................................CalamityJenn
Jebediah Kerman...................................................................El Shield

SOUNDTRACK

Fiddles McGinty
Pennsylvania Rose
Willow and the Light
Tempting Secrets 
Disquiet
To the Ends
Heart of Nowhere
The Escalation
Americana

Why the final episode? There are a number of reasons. I am having issues with the save file. I do have several more episodes worth of pre-recorded gameplay, but there is going to be a hard end in the near future no matter what I do. I've struggled trying to get all the mods and the save updated to 1.0.5, and with the current state of a lot of mods, and all the changes made in 1.1, I don't see being able to ever get this saved moved to a 1.1 install. It would lose a lot in the translation.

This episode also ended really well. I couldn't have planned it better. It ended on a high note, with more than a little tension. I was able to recruit a few folks to help do voices and provide a dramatic narrative, and it seems like a great way to go out.

I will definitely be doing a lot more KSP videos, and will be doing several KSP series in 1.1, which I'm very excited to play. 

Edited by Cetera

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.