[Old] Dark Days - Dying of the light. - Kopernicus mod. (Continuation in works)

daniel l.

I had a lucid dream about this mod. There were like supply boxes and stuff, and Perseus and Hades and Kerbol were finished. I launched a spaceship and HyperEdited me into Trinthia orbit. There was this big blue asteroid that resembled stock Minmus.

The ship exploded and I woke up XD

But seriously here's a shot of an in-dev Trinthia.

r89akR2.png

Edited by ibuckshot5

I had a lucid dream about this mod. There were like supply boxes and stuff, and Perseus and Hades and Kerbol were finished. I launched a spaceship and HyperEdited me into Trinthia orbit. There was this big blue asteroid that resembled stock Minmus.

The ship exploded and I woke up XD

Well, in that case this mod literally blew your mind :D

- - - Updated - - -

Is there someway I can help with developing the pack? I'm good at making textures (both planets and clouds) and Environmental Visual Enhancements configs.

Well, in that case this mod literally blew your mind :D

- - - Updated - - -

Is there someway I can help with developing the pack? I'm good at making textures (both planets and clouds) and Environmental Visual Enhancements configs.

Sure. You can make cloud packs. :)

That is if you can show me a good example ;)

Edited by daniel l.

Sure. You can make cloud packs. :)

That is if you can show me a good example ;)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/134547-1-0-4-Arkas-%280-1%29-A-Thick-Atmosphere-on-a-Desert-World-17-Unique-Biomes-Custom-Science-Defs

Check the comments, there should be a few Imgur albums showing my work.

And my Imgur images:

http://imgur.com/user/TheWhiteGuardian/submitted

I just saw them. HELL YEAH yes you may join!

Is there anything I can do to help? I'm mildly experienced at making planets, although I usually just import from spaceengine, that way they look more natural and cooler :P

i can also model/balance parts, but I suck at texturing

- - - Updated - - -

also, instead of making hordes of tiny tiny moonlets (which can cause lag), have you considered simply editing the system to make randomly generated large asteroids in regions with moonlets?

Is there anything I can do to help? I'm mildly experienced at making planets, although I usually just import from spaceengine, that way they look more natural and cooler :P

i can also model/balance parts, but I suck at texturing

- - - Updated - - -

also, instead of making hordes of tiny tiny moonlets (which can cause lag), have you considered simply editing the system to make randomly generated large asteroids in regions with moonlets?

Sure. You can do some modeling jobs for us. :) we need lots of b9 and lackluster style starship hulls. please make those :D

Also, Trithia is in dire need of a new texture. I wanted to keep the "supercontinents seperated by a giant river" idea. I'm bad at textures :( and I need a little bit of help.
Hmm. I found this little tutorial

please no...firstly that "guide" doesn't introduce polar coords into the texture which will result in really bad import into ksp as the poles will be warped beyond recognition. Secondly you don't need to use a texture at all. you can create perfect terrestrial planets in game using only LandControl. My recommendation will be to dig through the PQSMods and learn how it works.

Perhaps some inspiration for a "stock-alike" feel for your planets is in order

please no...firstly that "guide" doesn't introduce polar coords into the texture which will result in really bad import into ksp as the poles will be warped beyond recognition. Secondly you don't need to use a texture at all. you can create perfect terrestrial planets in game using only LandControl. My recommendation will be to dig through the PQSMods and learn how it works.

Perhaps some inspiration for a "stock-alike" feel for your planets is in order

Nice pic :) i see what you mean. I had a design style intended but really anything will do, so if ibuckshot reads this... please just use a space engine export or something.

Considering that i am not just working on this one mod. I am also making several behind the scenes, I dont want to clutter the ksp forums. should i make a website to host my projects?

If you know how to make a website, then it might be a good idea. However, I'd prefer the KSP forums, it helps keeping the plugins for KSP on one website and not scattered across the internet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.