[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

I like the Ariane 5 + ATV :) As the ATV has yet no ressources to transport i played a bit with it and put TAC food/water/oxy in plus some MKS ressources. So far 11 tons to 130km i tried and i got it to the station with 100 monoprop left. I guess i use the ATV for my supply mission.

The only thing i noticed was, that Mechjeb can't get the DeltaV correct. The numbers are jumping like crazy.

Deep Space Kerbal! Join the crew of 'Discovery,' the first Icarus Class Star Ship, on their maiden voyage to the stars! Discovery launches Fall 2014.

Using the StarSystems Mod and Krag's Planet Factory, anyone is now able to create full, working multiple solar systems complete with planets and moons in KSP. Which is how I am creating Deep Space: Kerbal!

http://youtu.be/PA6hWxsj_wY

Deep Space Kerbal! Join the crew of 'Discovery,' the first Icarus Class Star Ship, on their maiden voyage to the stars! Discovery launches Fall 2014.

Using the StarSystems Mod and Krag's Planet Factory, anyone is now able to create full, working multiple solar systems complete with planets and moons in KSP. Which is how I am creating Deep Space: Kerbal!

Nice video, you're teasing me. Don't hesitate to post your next episodes here. If you see parts I need to had to Icarus just tell me and I'll see what I could do.

Nice video, you're teasing me. Don't hesitate to post your next episodes here. If you see parts I need to had to Icarus just tell me and I'll see what I could do.

Thanks man! I did edit the Radial Command pod config to include the generic 3 IVA and it would be awesome if it had a hatch too. Same with the lab module, but that side logo looks so good I couldn't leave it out haha. I've already tested the mod on interstellar voyages and it works perfectly.

Looking forward to your new series as well Westi :D

If Deep Space Kerbal needs a Sister Ship, you might try this one... (also my submission for Yogui's "Stock" ship challenge for the Icarus parts)

In keeping with the names from Greek mythology, I call it Argus:

I intended it as a partner for the Odysseus (since Argus was Odysseus' loyal dog). The idea being that Odysseus went in first with probes etc, to find a good site; and the Argus comes behind with the Research Staff and/or Colonists. You can't tell from the pics, but the Hab rings are situated such that they counter rotate. Looks really cool... :cool:

hgjcfE0.png

GIXf1u6.png

YgszvxO.png

mkAs8W1.png

The Heat Shield works! :P

V8a2mWA.png

Mostly anyways... we'll just say the forward Hab ring is where the Sauna is... :confused:

6xjJdOo.png

Westi

If you launch it from the KSC as a ship, instead of building it in orbit (which takes waaaaay to long for me :P ) it will use about 1/4 of it's fuel getting to orbit. With that amount you can go to Jool and back fairly easy. If you do your aero-braking right, you can even have about 1/8 of your fuel left when you get back to Kerbin. If you refuel it once in orbit, then you can go anywhere in the Kerbin system, or achieve escape velocity from the system (which I did once, just to see if I could).

Though for a real Interstellar trip as you propose for your videos, you'd really need some extra fuel, or depending on how much Yogui wants to model, he could fix us up a Bussard Ram Scoop so we could collect Interstellar Hydrogen to refuel the Vasimir engine in flight... :cool:

But, like you; I think I'd rather he concentrate on making things like hatches etc, to give the existing parts more functionality.

Westi

If you launch it from the KSC as a ship, instead of building it in orbit (which takes waaaaay to long for me :P ) it will use about 1/4 of it's fuel getting to orbit. With that amount you can go to Jool and back fairly easy. If you do your aero-braking right, you can even have about 1/8 of your fuel left when you get back to Kerbin. If you refuel it once in orbit, then you can go anywhere in the Kerbin system, or achieve escape velocity from the system (which I did once, just to see if I could).

Though for a real Interstellar trip as you propose for your videos, you'd really need some extra fuel, or depending on how much Yogui wants to model, he could fix us up a Bussard Ram Scoop so we could collect Interstellar Hydrogen to refuel the Vasimir engine in flight... :cool:

But, like you; I think I'd rather he concentrate on making things like hatches etc, to give the existing parts more functionality.

Yah but the Icarus nuclear engine regenerates its fuel. I can tour whole solar systems in one trip and never worry about fuel! It's amazing lol.

I notice a small issue with Kerbnik. It only has 50 units of electricity in it instead of 250.

The part file even states it has 250 units, but something seems to be changing it when you select it in the VAB.

Yes Alvargon It's the pandora.

Hi again Arvolder, I've tested the Pandora lander and it works without problems. What's more, long since that I didn't use that lander and it has surprised me how well it works now XD

You have installed the secundary addons? The Infernal Robotics and Hullcam VDS?

Without that the lander don't work.

PD: It's a shame that the original Icarus desing don't work correctly, it need more stability.

Edited by Alvargon

I notice a small issue with Kerbnik. It only has 50 units of electricity in it instead of 250.

The part file even states it has 250 units, but something seems to be changing it when you select it in the VAB.

I need to check that as soon as I come back.

Does anyone have a MM cfg file to add the Icarus parts to the tech tree. If so care to share it?

It will be added in the next update. I just need to choose the right technode.

Yogui if you want ideas for probes you can work on the rosetta probe for asteroid exploration

Rosetta is 100% modelized, just need to finish animations and KSP integration. Easter egg winner will help me for choosing a name and a logo.

It's a shame that the original Icarus desing don't work correctly, it need more stability.

I'll check that in next update. The ultimate way stills to be building the ship into orbit.

I need to check that as soon as I come back.

It will be added in the next update. I just need to choose the right technode.

Rosetta is 100% modelized, just need to finish animations and KSP integration. Easter egg winner will help me for choosing a name and a logo.

I'll check that in next update. The ultimate way stills to be building the ship into orbit.

I don't understand what do you mean. The problem is, when you use the propulsion the ship start to "dance" and you can go forward. if I can, I'm going to upload a video ;)

I don't understand what do you mean. The problem is, when you use the propulsion the ship start to "dance" and you can go forward. if I can, I'm going to upload a video ;)

Correct the Icarus ship does not want to stay in one place. I can burn through 4,000 mono prop in a transfer burn haha.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.