Sign in to follow this  
cantab

Who are DEPORTED B.V.?

Having cause to look at the EULA for Kerbal Space Program, it refers to a company named "DEPORTED B.V", who are apparently who our contracts (that is, our KSP licenses) are with. Later on an address is given:

DEPORTED B.V.

Strawinskylaan 1431, 1077 XX Amsterdam

Noord Holland, The Netherlands

Tel: +31 20 8941 300

So who are DEPORTED B.V. , why is their name appearing in the legal documents but nowhere else in relation to the game, and what happened to Squad?

The question came up in June, though I don't recall an official answer from Squad. Believe it was concluded to be an entity formed for tax and/or liability reasons.

Previous thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125004-Does-the-EULA-prohibit-multiple-installs-on-the-same-computer-now

Edited by Cydonian Monk
Mobile interface jumped the gun....
  • Like 1

Corollary: who is this "Squad" gang that seem to have stolen KSP from poor Deported B.V. and claim to own the game?

• Like 3

I'm sure we'll find out eventually, it doesn't seem to be causing any issues though, also, moved to Kerbal Network.

I guess they're a subsidiary of Squad, probably to differentiate the legal and financial complexities of videogame ownership and distribution from Squad's core marketing business. Parallel Dynamics (a related holding) sounds like a likely name for the umbrella that ties Squad's fledgling enterprises together, but this is all conjecture.