Does a vessel have to survive for splash type contracts?

Hello fellow engineers,

I just got a mission to splash into the oceans of Eve, while on the same time I'd like to actually land something on land for EVA action and such. Now my plan is to just have a small probe on the vessel that I can let splash into the oceans to fulfill the contract while the main ship lands on safe ground.

Does that probe actually have to survive the impact to fulfill that mission? Or is the "splash" mission going to be completed even if the impact velocity will cause the ship to explode?

Edited by Two

Hey.

The probe will have to survive impact. Think of it like this, when you try to do an eva report, your status will be "splashed down" - but not if you're dead.

so, theoretically you will be splashed down for a fraction of a second before you explode, but thats not going to be enough time to fufill the contract (which iirc requires 3s of stability on a given surface).

Lol you might as well have the probe survive to send science - unless you've already stripped all the science from the Explodium Seas, of course.

(I got this mission for the first time earlier in my career - it's a lot of fun to treat as a standalone mission. My biggest difficulty was aiming for the sea through the EVE mod's thick purple clouds.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.