MicroSpace (RSS 1990s retake)

ZooNamedGames

The year is 1989. Microsoft owner Bill Gates decided that he wants to open a new branch of his company. One that will dedicate itself to space exploration in this new early age of commercial space. Bill Gates has put aside $250,000 as starting funds for this company. Let's see how they do in comparison to the other growing space industries.

Funds= 250,000

Science= 0

Reputation= 100

Re-entry Damage= 100%

Resource Abundance= 100%

Normal 100% for the rest...

Mods:

Procedural Fuel Tanks

RSS/RO

RealFuels

KW Rocketry

Procedural Probe Cores

Procedural Wings (B9)

DRE

FAR/AJE

TAC LS (RSS version)

RVE

Interstellar Continued

KCT (RSS settings)

RT (stock version)

CSS (now known as SSP)

ContractPacks

More to be added as I see fit

MicroSpace, the specific aerospace branch of Microsoft, has elected John Morris to be its leader. He pledges to bring man back to the moon and push for advanced research there before man reaches Mars (set in this game for 2031). He also pledged to making space cheaper for the common buisness which may or may not need it.

Companies like the ULA, SpaceX and such do not exist yet. SpaceX will begin testing in 2006, and the Falcon 9 v1.0 will be used for the first time in 2010. So until then my biggest competitors are NASA and the recently collapsed Soviet Union, I mean Russia.

MicroSpace's current plans are to create a cheap reliable launcher for LEO, however that will come in time. As of this day they plan on test launching the Liberty launch system, a small 2 stage rocket to (hopefully) orbit.

LLS-1T

Test Launch

N/A

LLS-2T

Test Launch

N/A

Test Liberty Launch System

Design a Reusable Probe for delivering cargo/modules to the ISS

Design/Test the Gargantuan

Edited by ZooNamedGames

The year is 1989. Microsoft owner Bill Gates decided that he wants to open a new branch of his company. One that will dedicate itself to space exploration in this new early age of commercial space. Bill Gates has put aside $250,000 as starting funds for this company. Let's see how they do in comparison to the other growing space industries.

Funds= 250,000

Science= 0

Reputation= 100

Re-entry Damage= 100%

Resource Abundance= 100%

Normal 100% for the rest...

Mods:

Procedural Fuel Tanks

RSS/RO

RealFuels

KW Rocketry

Procedural Probe Cores

Procedural Wings (B9)

DRE

FAR/AJE

TAC LS (RSS version)

RVE

Interstellar Continued

KCT (RSS settings)

RT (stock version)

CSS (now known as SSP)

ContractPacks

More to be added as I see fit

MicroSpace, the specific aerospace branch of Microsoft, has elected John Morris to be its leader. He pledges to bring man back to the moon and push for advanced research there before man reaches Mars (set in this game for 2031). He also pledged to making space cheaper for the common buisness which may or may not need it.

Companies like the ULA, SpaceX and such do not exist yet. SpaceX will begin testing in 2006, and the Falcon 9 v1.0 will be used for the first time in 2010. So until then my biggest competitors are NASA and the recently collapsed Soviet Union, I mean Russia.

MicroSpace's current plans are to create a cheap reliable launcher for LEO, however that will come in time. As of this day they plan on test launching the Liberty launch system, a small 2 stage rocket to (hopefully) orbit.

LLS-1T

Test Launch

N/A

LLS-2T

Test Launch

N/A

Test Liberty Launch System

Design a Reusable Probe for delivering cargo/modules to the ISS

Design/Test the Gargantuan

Oooh this looks interesting.

Two things to note, though:

-Real life funding cost billions, not 250k.

-You're going to start in the 1990s, where rocket technology is going to be quite mature. It's a departure from the usual RSS career around here, and I hope you can pull it off :)

J

Oooh this looks interesting.

Two things to note, though:

-Real life funding cost billions, not 250k.

-You're going to start in the 1990s, where rocket technology is going to be quite mature. It's a departure from the usual RSS career around here, and I hope you can pull it off :)

I hope I can :) .

I know that real rocket companies need billions, but the catch is the parts themselves costs 100s... Which is far off the multi-thousand $ boaster costs. So to make it fit within the realm of sanity, I'm going to work with lowered costs.

This is a cool idea since its realistic and right about the time when Microsoft had enough money to fund this. I have to pace myself so I don't burn my money, but rush so I don't get too much competition from NASA, SpaceX or the soon to be ULA.

Exactly :) .

To be honest, I like a challenge, but I hate being limited by money (why you will always see me using the sandbox mode all the time) That is not to say that I won't take a risk and jump into a career mode, but, I will spend as little time there as possible.

To be honest, I like a challenge, but I hate being limited by money (why you will always see me using the sandbox mode all the time) That is not to say that I won't take a risk and jump into a career mode, but, I will spend as little time there as possible.

I'm the same, but I like having contracts hence why I think the science mode should be replaced with a money only mode with contracts. But having this amount gives me some freedom in what I do, but limit me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.