P-26 Peashooter: America's Training Wheels!

pTrevTrevs

82qYUiD.png

If you've played War Thunder, you will know the P-26. If you haven;t played it and still know the plane, I commend you. The P-26 Peashooter is an American fighter plane designed and flown in the 1930s. It didn't see much service in WWII due to how outclassed it was by the Luftwaffe's Bf-109s and Fw-190s, but it did see some service against the Japanese in China.

HLVcjAM.png

My Peashooter is capable of carrying a 100lb bomb underneath the fuselage, making it suitable for dive bombing. Although it can't wreck buildings, it can destroy tanks or jeeps, provided you can hit them with it! Maneuverability is good, although not stellar, although I believe this accurately reflects the real plane's handling characteristics.

8GfKcI0.png

THU4zQX.png

The handling changes very little after the bomb is dropped, although to someone who is unfamiliar with this style of plane, it can be a little difficult. Takeoff and landing can be difficult as well. Is is recommended to jettison the bomb before landing for extra safety, and lower the flaps (AG-1) to decrease speed as much as possible. Keep the nose level with the horizon so they main gear touches down first, then cautiously apply the brakes (on and off, not for more than two seconds) until the tailwheel touches the ground. Once all three wheels are down, brake until stopped.

B7ZUHTU.png

SjyX4Em.png

Overall, it is a very fun plane to fly, quite fast, although not as maneuverable as my Fokker Dr.I. It is very detailed while only having 134 parts, so almost anyone can fly it!

TRY IT FOR YOURSELF HERE

As always, thank you for taking the time to view this, please let me know your thoughts, and rep if you liked! :)

Nice! :P, really surprised you didnt just throw some junos on there so the engines were less obvious, but great replica! :P

Well, I already had the thing built and knew how it performed with the wheesley, so I just left it there. It's less obvious than it was, because the engine is white now. All the pics in the OP are from 1.0.4.

By the way... How are those engines not obstructed by the tail?

Nice work!

The engine is clipped inside the part, so the line of sight that is required to be free for the engine to produce thrust is not obstructed by anything. At least I think that's how it works. Gimbal has to be disabled, or else the thrust would drop off when the engine swivels upward, because the thrust vector would be pointing into the rudder or elevators.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.