startup loading stops with active texture management

hi folks.

my computer is an AMD with 8gbs RAM and an ATI hd7 with 1gb of video memory.

im using ksp 64 because i load a lot of mods, (no way to play vanilla, i want my game with these mods installed)

loading it normally, im able to play, but ram usage its about 7300 ram.

i tought to use active texture management x64 version, basic install, and RAM usage is lower, but hangs in loading screen at SPACEY mod, (im pretty sure its not related to that mod because loads normally without active texture management.

so im asking help:

1 what can i do? use active texture with first half of the mods, and then start again with the other half to bring active texture to compress all mods?

2 another solution to lower textures to free ram?

oh i forgot im using kspx64 without any shortcut

Edited by razanon

Hi razanon, you may be better off using Lilleman's tool to convert all your textures (except flags, they have to be PNG) to dds.

All the KSP textures (except flags) are already dds, so this is only needed for the textures for your addons.

Also, you can reduce the memory needed by a large margin by just lowering the texture quality in the settings screen.

ATM uses a lot of memory when it initially compresses the textures. It sounds counter productive, but you have to let it load until it crashes a few times in order to let it do it's job. After a few crashes it will eventually finish the compression and load normally.

It might be handy if someone could design a batch file of some sort that does the initial compression outside of the game, I think that would help avoid the confusion people seem to get with this mod.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

That solutions dont solve the problem. Using active texture management or lillemans tool causes spacey mod to halt loading. Plus.... Lilleman tool causes icons to be a white square.. Still have the problem at reducing textures.. Using these two tools causes halt on loading. Any clues??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.