VAB/SPH interiors not displaying(replaced by black void) in editor scenes (1.0.5.1028)

So got into the latest update the other day (woohoo!), but there seems to be an issue with the editor scenes. The ship I'm building shows up just fine, as do the little kerbals on the ground, as well as the various drifting fuel tankers and whatnot. However, the building backdrop doesn't show up at all.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The problem seems to be limited to the editor scenes, flight/tracking station/space center/main menu all seem to be working fine. (well, except for this probably unrelated issue ).

Not sure what other information you might need, so ending it here, thanks in advance for any ideas you might have!

Edited by hawkinator

Well, this is new and it's at the top of your Player.log

Failed to open BO for returned DRI2 buffer (1280x691, dri2 back buffer, named 6).

This is likely a bug in the X Server that will lead to a crash soon.

I guess your BO failed to open for the returned DRI2 buffer, it's likely a bug in the X server that will lead to a crash soon.

So I searched "Failed to open BO for returned DRI2 buffer" and learned that it's not an issue with KSP, but with the operating system or maybe the driver, this thread says it's related to the Gnome desktop, and this error has also been submitted to the Ubuntu mailing list so it's been seen on systems using the UnityDE as well.

So I suggest you try running an update, try rebooting, maybe even try installing another desktop and switching to it when you login, oh and if you have a compositor try turning it off.

I had this same issue when I installed the game on Ubuntu 14.04. What fixed it for me:

Go into settings -> Grphics. There will be an option for Edge Highlighting (PPFX). Try unchecking that and going back into the VAB.

Edited by Tralfagar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.