H.L. Hunley: Confederate Submarine

pTrevTrevs

The H. L. Hunley is a submarine built by the Confederate States during the American Civil War. In 1864, it attacked and sank the USS Housatonic, thus making it the first submarine to sink an enemy ship. Unfortunately, the explosive which Hunley used to sink the Housatonic also damaged the sub, and it sank with the loss of all eight crew members. In 1995, Hunley was discovered at the bottom of Charleston Harbor, a mere 100 feet away from its first and only victim. In 2000, the sub was raised from the water and moved to a museum in Charleston, where it is preserved in an underwater tank.

uhXXWg6.png

My Hunley isn't really a sub, since it can't dive, but then again, neither could the real Hunley. At the front is the spar torpedo used for attacking ships. It was supposed to have been rammed into the hull of a ship by the sub and detonated, but in the game it works best as a ram.

FxYJwh2.jpgThe sub is so manueuverable, you shouldn't have any trouble hitting a ship with it, and thanks to a new weighted keel made from I-Beams, the center of mass is nice and low to prevent capsizing.

6CXHnYe.jpg

Hunley makes about 14m/s in the water, and can partially submerge if you wish, but it should be noted that the real one could not dive.

I'll be honest, there isn't really much you can do with this thing except ram ships, I decided to share it because its the first weaponized sub I've made, and I don't remember seeing any replicas of the Hunley here.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Anyway, tell me what you think, leave rep if you enjoyed! :)

And please don't get offended because this is a Confederate ship.

[quote name='kiwi1960']Wasn't the Hunley found by Clive Cussler, the author of the Dirk Pitt books?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think it was. Funny, I always thought it was discovered by the guy who found the [I]Titanic[/I] and[I] Bismarck[/I]​, since he always seems to have something to do with the discovery of famous shipwrecks...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.