PSA: I found a fix for the new atmosphere problem

Xyphos

[quote name='I_Killed_Jeb']no offense but these parody PSAs have quickly become as stale as the subject of their jokes.[/QUOTE]

o.O I was actually being serious, this is a working fix for the unwelcome changes.

[quote name='Xyphos']o.O I was actually being serious, this is a working fix for the unwelcome changes.[/QUOTE]

Well, changing the difficulty to "nothing" is surely a "fix" - as would be "edit your persistence file for 999999999999kerbucks if you run out of money" ....

it is not a fix, it is a deliberate changing of the difficulty level of the game, which in your case, takes the whole challenge out of the reentry process...

PSA from me: it is not impossible to land on tylo, or do anything else... you just have to adapt your designs to the changes, they are still very possible to do, just
...well... harder? More realistic? Call it an engineering Challenge... you used to be able to land flying bricks...or even an 18 wheeler truck... or an hypetrain... or something else
totally ridiculous due to broken atmospheric modeling... now you actually have to do some engineering to get it working, so get over it, and get to work - changing the difficulty to
"does not exist anymore" does not fix anything.

Closed thread to prevent further argument.

Xyphos, the changes made to aerodynamics and the addition of thermal effects is welcome by the majority of players, continued griping and claims that these features make KSP unplayable are however not supported by the evidence of others successfully playing with these features and are not welcome.