Manually editing Massive structures where they can't go on their own.

To be brutally honest, I suck badly at KSP. Most of my more successful launches were only possible because of MechJeb. HOWEVER, MechJeb cannot be mounted on everything, or what I want to get into orbit around Kerbin, the Mun, or Minimus are simply too damned big or unstable to ever boost out of Kerbins gravity well on their own.

So, I naturally turned to Manually editing the monstrosities I come up with to get them into orbit, but I\'ve been away from KSP for a while, before .15 came out, so I naturally have several questions.

First, to get to the orbit of Minumus in editing, would I do that by changing the 'Object' setting in 'Orbit' to 3?

Secondly, anyone have any stupidly insane orbits they\'d be willing to put here so I can land stuff ( or rather, attempt to land)on the Mun and Minimus?

Again, I realize I suck royally if I\'m needing to edit stuff into space, but hey, we can\'t all be rocket scientists here can we?

Here\'s how I do it, first fly a little ship where you want your big ship to be, circling Minmus for example, then load your behemoth onto the launchpad.

Exit the flight without ending it, and open your persistence file.

What you need to do now is copy all the orbital info from the little ship over the top of the big ships info, then delete the little ship completely, make sure you get the stage value right or it\'ll do some funny things.

Load up your save and you will now have your enormous titan of a craft floating around Minmus.

Thanks. Didn\'t know about the staging stuff, might explain why a lot of the edit attempts have detonated or simply fallen to pieces. And Yes, I do delete the 'Pathfinder' ship first....

Now to try( Again) to put Vlads Spaceport on Minimus. Without MechJeb.

Is there a way to do this for things you want to be landed or splashed down at Kerbin, e.g. the Aircraft Carrier? (by the way, does that thing have an attach point?

It works for me when putting things on the Mun, I try to get the pathfinder ship\'s command pod at about the same height as the ship I want to send up, KSP seems able to handle small differences in height with no problems.